News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The Best Models Out There

Started by Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus, October 17, 2013, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 18, 2013, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 18, 2013, 08:57:51 PM
I would describe my favourites too, but I think if I did that I'd just end up regurgitating stuff that's already been said ;)

Papo are very good, they have enormous potential but I don't think they've realised it yet....

I know they won't, but if Jurassic World and the people involved were to step up their authenticity for the movie, I do believe Papo would follow suit. Ah well. I still think Papo has the best detail out there, and it is still one of my favorite companies. But I hope to see a feathered (at the very least) dino from them soon.
If there are velociraptors in the Jurassic World, they won't be feathered. In fact, none of the dinosaurs will be. Here is the proof from the horse's mouth:

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 19, 2013, 08:03:00 PM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 18, 2013, 11:08:55 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 18, 2013, 08:57:51 PM
I would describe my favourites too, but I think if I did that I'd just end up regurgitating stuff that's already been said ;)

Papo are very good, they have enormous potential but I don't think they've realised it yet....

I know they won't, but if Jurassic World and the people involved were to step up their authenticity for the movie, I do believe Papo would follow suit. Ah well. I still think Papo has the best detail out there, and it is still one of my favorite companies. But I hope to see a feathered (at the very least) dino from them soon.
If there are velociraptors in the Jurassic World, they won't be feathered. In fact, none of the dinosaurs will be. Here is the proof from the horse's mouth:

Right; I saw that as well.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Although this is unrelated, I still would like to know. I was on Shane Foulkes' website, and his models for sale show that the models are already painted. Is this the case, or are the models sold unpainted and the photos are just examples? Thanks.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 20, 2013, 02:40:50 AM
Although this is unrelated, I still would like to know. I was on Shane Foulkes' website, and his models for sale show that the models are already painted. Is this the case, or are the models sold unpainted and the photos are just examples? Thanks.
They're unpainted unless stated otherwise. That's always the case with model kits.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 20, 2013, 03:32:45 AM
Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 20, 2013, 02:40:50 AM
They're unpainted unless stated otherwise. That's always the case with model kits.
Thanks!
-Peter Benchley

Lio991

freyreuxine13

Papo models, carnegies, and wild safari :D for resin kits, David Krentz's :D

Lio991

Quote from: freyreuxine13 on October 21, 2013, 09:59:22 AM

Well I wouldn't say Carnegie as far as "realistic goes"

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: GreatWhite on October 21, 2013, 01:04:15 PM

Carnegie is actually getting quite good in that area, GreatWhite, although they are outclassed by Papo. Carnegie's main strength (and Papo's main weakness) is scientifically accurate models.
-Peter Benchley

freyreuxine13

Quote from: Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus on October 21, 2013, 04:29:41 PM
Quote from: GreatWhite on October 21, 2013, 01:04:15 PM

Carnegie is actually getting quite good in that area, GreatWhite, although they are outclassed by Papo. Carnegie's main strength (and Papo's main weakness) is scientifically accurate models.

Yeah that's why I'm planning to get Carnegie models for my Diorama. I find them scientifically accurate :D