News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Have you ever...?

Started by tyrantqueen, March 13, 2012, 06:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Yes indeed.

Have you ever helped a kid pretend to be an airplane?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Bowhead Whale

No, I never had the chance.

Have you ever practiced bird photography?

Halichoeres

I have photographed birds, but I think to say I practiced photography overstates both the effort and the result.

Have you ever held a wild frog?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

Thialfi

Yes! I was working the garden and found one hanging around the pond, moved them to safety so they wouldn't get caught up in the work. And when I was younger and wanted to have one walk over my arm.

Have you ever had a dream about UFOs?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Thialfi on May 14, 2023, 01:50:01 AMYes! I was working the garden and found one hanging around the pond, moved them to safety so they wouldn't get caught up in the work. And when I was younger and wanted to have one walk over my arm.

Have you ever had a dream about UFOs?

technically yes.

Have you ever been so bored that got infuriated

Thialfi

No, I rarely ever feel bored. There is so much to do, always, we live in times where the world and then some is available to us at any given moment. On the rare occasion that I do feel bored it's usually because I am too tired and can't experience any kind of inspiration from the things I might otherwise do. I'll just take a nap then.

Have you ever rolled down a hill?

Pliosaurking

Oh many times, it's quite fun!

Have you ever done a wheelie on a bike?

Halichoeres

I was a reckless kid but I never really got the hang of wheelies.

Have you ever chased a bus to the next stop?

Bowhead Whale

Yes, I must admit I did. It was in 1994, I was 17 years old. I was running and yelling my heart out. It eventually stopped to pick me... close to the next stop.

Have you ever watched a silent movie?

Halichoeres

I watched the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, or rather I tried to...I fell asleep halfway through. Not a commentary on the movie, more on my chronic sleep deprivation in grad school.

Have you ever burned a bridge when quitting a job?

Bowhead Whale

I assume you are figure speaking... I didn't burn any bridge. My former boss did. I must say she was rather hysterical and crazy.

Have you ever been insulted by a complete stranger?

Halichoeres

Oh, sure. It's amazing the things motorists will call you when you follow the law.

Have you ever given a talk or presentation with no warning or preparation?

The Spinosaurus

Yes, mainly during public speaking exercises, but once to cover a friend who was absent.

Have you ever read a textbook all the way through outside of class?

Stegotyranno420

Yes, and it was not even mine, but my Brothers.

Have you ever confessed something nobody expected you to do?(bonus if you tell us)

The Spinosaurus

Not entirely, but once for an icebreaker I admitted that when I was young I had shoplifted in multiple countries.

Have you ever destroyed a prized possession of someone's accidentally? No, trust doesn't count. We've all done that.(bonus points for what it is ofc :P)

Stegotyranno420

Probably did, but i cannot remember unfortunately

Have you ever watched Fraiser?

Torvosaurus

Yes.

Have you ever shovelled two feet of snow from a sidewalk? (I have, BTW)

Torvo

The Spinosaurus

I believe I've shoveled a metre.

Have you gotten into a collision while learning to drive?

Halichoeres

Quote from: The Spinosaurus on July 23, 2024, 05:15:46 AMI believe I've shoveled a metre.

Have you gotten into a collision while learning to drive?

I don't know what period constitutes 'learning,' but I'm going to say yes. Thankfully never anything serious.

Have you ever ever eaten ube/purple yams?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.