You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Understanding Favorite/Kinto/Dinostoreus

Started by DinoToyForum, February 11, 2014, 11:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: dinotoyforum on February 12, 2014, 05:23:45 PM
....... categorise one review on both company pages, with a title like so: Stegosaurus (Favorite co. Ltd. and Dinostoreus). .......

I think that's the best you can do at the moment. The companies' repertoire had been equal until they split. I also can't say when that exactly was.
But to be honest I'm pretty sure that all these sculpts (finished models, skeletons & skulls) are originally made by Japanese artists and that Dinostoreus had really just been the U.S. distributor. Maybe they have the molds now :-\. They seem to keep on producing them while Favorite is replacing one model after the other with new sculpts.

Dan

The separation occurred in 2007, essentially due to a disagreement over quality control in a new factory.

I'm sure these companies will appreciate any effort to distinguish their product, even though that can be a challenge at times. I would recommend a little blurb at the top of the category pages, explaining "These products often look similar because they were once produced by the same company that later split into two..." and so on. Chances are, some of the reviews have inaccurate info concerning this, anyway (I'm not sure why the Favorite soft model Allo says "Safari" in the title).

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Dan on February 12, 2014, 11:29:54 PM
The separation occurred in 2007, essentially due to a disagreement over quality control in a new factory.

I'm sure these companies will appreciate any effort to distinguish their product, even though that can be a challenge at times. I would recommend a little blurb at the top of the category pages, explaining "These products often look similar because they were once produced by the same company that later split into two..." and so on. Chances are, some of the reviews have inaccurate info concerning this, anyway (I'm not sure why the Favorite soft model Allo says "Safari" in the title).

The plan is to have an overview and history of each company at the top of each company page, so your suggestion will fit in nicely there. In fact, now that the framework is in place on those pages, I was thinking of asking the forum for 'company blurb' contributions.

The old Favorite Allosaurus 'review' categorised as Safari was a mistake. Fixed now, thanks for the heads up.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.