News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Jurassic Park toys...

Started by DinoToyForum, February 14, 2013, 06:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Sorry.

So does anyone know a lizard with a colorscheme similar to the Pachyrhino? Because I wonder if that one is based on a lizard aswell.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: CityRaptor on April 10, 2013, 07:44:01 AM
Sorry.

So does anyone know a lizard with a colorscheme similar to the Pachyrhino? Because I wonder if that one is based on a lizard aswell.

Not a problem, thanks for understanding.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was a reptile with a similar color scheme though I can't recall one myself.

ChrisLikesDinos

Something cool: The new WWD movies Albertosaurus(?) looks pretty similar in color to the Allosaurus, and the movie follows a Pachyrhinosaurus.

If only the JP Pachy looked more like the film version in color.

Spino-rex13

0onarcissisto0

I'm not crazy about the colors on it though. Don't get me wrong, I love colors like in Dinosaur Revolution but the blue on this Albertosaurus just doesn't do it for me. I kind of wish they had done something a little (just a tad bit) more extravagant with the Pachyrhinosaurus' frills. My two cents anyway
If the sculptor has nothing but science his hands will have no art.

- DK -

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Blade-of-the-Moon

User Joeassic Park at Jptoys had this to say in a thread in JPtoys. Basically, we're getting a new toy line in Spring/Summer.... and additional details about JW ad campaign were revealed.

He had this to say about the toy line...
Quote:
Hey guys I have recieved an update on the 2014 toy line:

Expect them early spring/late summer!

One of the first toys released will be the Ankylosaurus.
Also:

Quote:
Yeah but take it by a pinch of salt here guys.

They are still in talks with various toy companies, when to relase this toy line, one of them is ToysRUS as you would have guessed.

Definitely during the Spring and Summer we will see them, I have been told Hasbro will keep promotion quite just like they did last year for the Allosaurus Assault and Pachyrhinosaurus.

A big ad campagine for Jurassic World toy line is planned though, so watch out for that next year!
and:

Quote:

With quiet promotion I mean they was "no" real promotion atall.

But I am hearing that this years toy line will feature more than last years and they are trying to make a big deal of it.

With in-corperating G.I Joe style figures with most packs such as the Allosaurus Assault and Pachyrhinosaurus in 2013.

You will also see inGen branding with some toys aswell, this is just the start of the "promotional" campaigne leading up to the JW movie and toy line.

Its all about hype, a great way of making more pennies, very clever move from Hasbro.

-JoeassicPark
When asked about the JW line...

Quote:

Yeah as it's going to be vital for the film, a heavy advertising campaign I have been told Will feature such as commercials, posters, ads in magazines.

We also have this :

Quote:
But I will confirm that the Carnotaurus will be one of the first of the toys this year (high range models), as you might have seen from the leaked package shot...

Its also a new mould which is getting every one very excited, also including the G.I Joe esque dude.

Also expect the "long lost" Stegosaurus Strike to be also included, the reason Hasbro never got around to releasing this is because they wanted to save it for the next wave (this year).

They felt this would be suitable, because last years wave already had 2 really good additions with the Allosaurus Assault and Pachyrhinosaurus Clash.

Thats what you call the "high range toys" , to the "low range toys" which are... VELOCIRAPTOR VS TYRANNOSAURUS REX , SPINOSAURUS VS VELOCIRAPTOR - and so on.

They really wanted to give everyone a treat and didnt want to waste all of thr surprise last year, so dont worry no problems about releasing any of them.

Roselaar

I'm not holding my breath until actual images of these alleged new toys appear online.

Invicta Hunter

I wonder, is the rest of the world going to be jipped out of these figures aswell...

alexeratops

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 10, 2013, 02:00:43 AM
Please watch the language CityRaptor, we have some younger members.  Mating animals is scientific..but I think the jokes run it's course.

Erm, yes, and I dont want to know what that stuff means other than getting married. :)
like a bantha!

tyrantqueen

Quote from: alexeratops on February 16, 2014, 08:05:51 PM
Please watch the language CityRaptor, we have some younger members.  Mating animals is scientific..but I think the jokes run it's course.

Erm, yes, and I dont want to know what that stuff means other than getting married. :)
That comment was made in April 2013. Not sure why you're bringing it up again.

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Quote from: tyrantqueen on February 17, 2014, 02:17:27 AM
Quote from: alexeratops on February 16, 2014, 08:05:51 PM

That comment was made in April 2013. Not sure why you're bring it up again.
Especially that particular topic...
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

Brontozaurus

Quote from: Invicta Hunter on February 16, 2014, 07:17:57 PM
I wonder, is the rest of the world going to be jipped out of these figures aswell...

I think it's unlikely because this time there's a movie behind it. They have a reason to stock the toys.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Hypsi

Has anyone pre-ordered the "Raptor" Hatchling yet?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FT408485

I can't see myself spending $40 on a clumsy bobblehead, but I might cave eventually. Maybe it has more detail than the pictures show?
Factory Entertainment is presenting a JP toy line, but they don't even have the hatchling on their site anymore. I'm assuming it sold out through them. I need more updates!

As for the JP3D merch, I picked up the Pachyrhinosaurus and Allosaurus, and the new raptor, which I don't like very much... I truly hate the Tyrannosaurus sculpt they came out with for JP3 so I refuse to buy any more of them. Sick of the excessive battle damage too. It looks like a MRSA epidemic hit all the Hasbro figures. At least Kenner figures came with skin pieces to cover it up.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SelleSnowy on February 26, 2014, 02:36:13 PM
Has anyone pre-ordered the "Raptor" Hatchling yet?

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FT408485

I can't see myself spending $40 on a clumsy bobblehead, but I might cave eventually. Maybe it has more detail than the pictures show?
Factory Entertainment is presenting a JP toy line, but they don't even have the hatchling on their site anymore. I'm assuming it sold out through them. I need more updates!

As for the JP3D merch, I picked up the Pachyrhinosaurus and Allosaurus, and the new raptor, which I don't like very much... I truly hate the Tyrannosaurus sculpt they came out with for JP3 so I refuse to buy any more of them. Sick of the excessive battle damage too. It looks like a MRSA epidemic hit all the Hasbro figures. At least Kenner figures came with skin pieces to cover it up.

It has some detail..a quality repaint would help it look less like a toy I think.

There was a new Raptor too ?

Hypsi

Oh yeah the paint job in their reference picture is definitely over simplified. I guess we'll see how it looks when people take actual photos.

This is the *lovely* JP3D raptor. I debated this one for a while but picked it up because I knew I'd be sorry in the future when it was only on Ebay for double the price, as usual. The pose bothers me the most because if you put a tiny drink in its hand it certainly looks like a drunken college student.

The Trex however... I just couldn't bring myself to purchase. Too ugly.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Ah, that one isn't a new sculpt either, it's from JP3 as well.I thought you meant a new piece. :)

Hypsi

Oh yup, just a repaint! Syntax error. Wish there was a new one!

Factory Ent. may pull through, but my hopes for Hasbro releasing an improved "raptor" and Trex sculpt are pretty low.
I like that possible leaked Carnotaurus though. If it's real I'll definitely buy it.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SelleSnowy on February 27, 2014, 02:46:47 PM
Oh yup, just a repaint! Syntax error. Wish there was a new one!

Factory Ent. may pull through, but my hopes for Hasbro releasing an improved "raptor" and Trex sculpt are pretty low.
I like that possible leaked Carnotaurus though. If it's real I'll definitely buy it.

Factory Ent. is just making bobble heads it seems though they had quite a few I guess they are testing the market with the one.

The Carno is real, just not sure if it will come out now or wait til Jurassic World which will have a toyline as well...that could be your new Raptor sculpt there.

If you haven't yet, you really need to locate the Papo JP sculpts..best replicas out there for the price.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.