You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

differences between the old school and the current look of the ornitholestes?

Started by IslandAnimals, December 30, 2013, 08:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IslandAnimals

can anybody tell whats the differences between the old school and the current look of the ornitholestes? but don't forget to tell me what year is the current look of the ornitholestes was discovered *orthocone*

Pachyrhinosaurus

I am guessing you meant, by 'old school' ornitholestes, you were alluding to the one with the horn?   ??? The horn was placed on ornitholestes as it was thought by Gregry S. Paul, to have been related to proceratosaurus, with both belonging to ornitholestinae, which in turn, was classified within allosauridae. It has since been decided that both were coelurosaurs, but not nearly as closely related as once thought. This also means, although I don't think I really  need to mention it, that ornitholestes had feathers (as did proceratosaurus). That's all I can contribute as of now, as I cannot think of a date of which the idea was finally realised. I hope this helped.    :)
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

tyrantqueen

tyrantqueen

Blade-of-the-Moon

IslandAnimals was banned for being a spammer..and possibly a previous one under a new name.

Iguanocolossus

Knew about the feathers, didn't know about the sickle claw. Is it still basal coelurosauria?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.