News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Pygmy Tyrannosaurus

Started by verinnius, March 13, 2014, 03:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

It's interesting..I do wonder how long it will be before someone says it's just a juvenile though..  ;)

verinnius

I was thinking the same thing, but I believe they mentioned something about the teeth being to small to be a T-Rex for what that's worth.

Pachyrhinosaurus

No, its not a juvenile of anything. This is actually a fully-grown tyrannosaurus, since like torosaurus, they shrink as they grow.  :-X  >:D
I really need to keep up with these new finds, I haven't been keeping track for a while.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

SBell

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on March 13, 2014, 04:21:29 PM
It's interesting..I do wonder how long it will be before someone says it's just a juvenile though..  ;)

In more comprehensive articles the authors of the paper actually mention that--more material is needed to verify that this isn't a juvenile. There's features that indicated, to them, that they were dealing with an adult though.

Of course, it could be a juvenile of a non-Tyrannosaurus rex too. Time to start searching the arctic for more fossils.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2014, 11:53:52 PM

In more comprehensive articles the authors of the paper actually mention that--more material is needed to verify that this isn't a juvenile. There's features that indicated, to them, that they were dealing with an adult though.

Of course, it could be a juvenile of a non-Tyrannosaurus rex too. Time to start searching the arctic for more fossils.

Ah.  I will leave that to warmer-blooded folks than I  . ;)

Dinoguy2

Quote from: SBell on March 13, 2014, 11:53:52 PM

There's no way it's a juvenile T. rex, since it lived about 4 million years prior to T. rex (this is the species the "Gorgosaurus" in WWD movie was based on. These fossils were previously considered to be Gorgosaurus or Albertosaurus).

If it's a juvenile, it's a juvenile of either a new species or of Tarbosaurus bataar which lived about the same time across the land bridge in Asia. But we have juvenile T. bataar to compare with so that seems pretty unlikely.

"This is actually a fully-grown tyrannosaurus, since like torosaurus, they shrink as they grow."
(I'm taller than my dad, so I guess humans shrink as they grow too!  O:-) )
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Iguanocolossus

Okay, Carr, what's the difference between Jane and this guy? I suspect the difference is "I didn't discover Nanotyrannus"

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.