News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

newbie mermaidgrey from animaltoyforum :)

Started by mermaidgrey, April 14, 2014, 07:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mermaidgrey

Hello :)
I recently joined the animal toy forum and thought I would join the dinosaur toy forum too, as I have a great interest in dinosaurs and some of my favourite childhood toys were dinosaurs.
The only dinosaur toys I have are cheap unbranded ones from my childhood, but I love them all the same. On one holiday when I was little I walked to the camping site shop and bought a different dinosaur every day.
I would like to treat myself to a schleich dinosaur at some point :) Maybe a stegosaurus or an allosaurus.
My favourite dinosaur is undecided. There are just too many to choose from!
I love to watch any television show or film about dinosaurs. I have watched walking with dinosaurs, Dinotopia (the mini series and most of the longer series) Terra Nova, most of the Land Before Time films and of course Jurrasic Park :) If anyone has any dinosaur themed recommended viewing, please share!
I look forward to discussing and enthusing over dinosaurs with you all :)

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

KaraWildsong42

Hey mermaidgrey! Happy to see you over on this forum too! I just watched Land Before Time again the other day! Love the nostalgic movies! ;D In my house, we've only got netflix, and no regular tv programming, so I'm a little restricted on what I can recommend, but if you ever get a chance to watch Dinosauria, do it. It's similar to Walking with Dinosaurs, but there's more of a 'story' feel to it. Hope you get your schleich dinosaur soon! :)
You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

KaraWildsong42

And that's supposed to say Dinostasia, not Dinosauria, my bad!
You're not allowed to call them dinosaurs any more," said Yo-less. "It's speciesist. You have to call them pre-petroleum persons. -Terry Pratchett

mermaidgrey

Thank you Jetoar and KaraWildsong :)

Thanks for the recommendation of Dinostasia, Kara :) I shall have to look it up. The Land Before time was one of my very favourite movies as a child and certainly sparked my love of dinosaurs :)
Hopefully when I have some money I can treat myself to a trip to TRU. There's something so satisfying about going into a proper toy shop and buying something, as opposed to doing everything online.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: mermaidgrey on April 14, 2014, 08:23:54 PM

Thanks for the recommendation of Dinostasia, Kara :) I shall have to look it up. The Land Before time was one of my very favourite movies as a child and certainly sparked my love of dinosaurs :)
Hopefully when I have some money I can treat myself to a trip to TRU. There's something so satisfying about going into a proper toy shop and buying something, as opposed to doing everything online.

Welcome !   I couldn't agree more..hopefully when the new JP film comes out we will be able to " attack " our local stores again..if we can wait that long.. lol

Balaur

mermaidgrey

Thank you Blade-of-the-Moon and Balaur :D

Blade-of-the-Moon, by "JP" do you mean Jurassic Park? I can't wait for the new one. I so hope it's good!

Zhuchengotyrant

Quote from: mermaidgrey on April 15, 2014, 02:22:01 PM
Thank you Blade-of-the-Moon and Balaur :D

Blade-of-the-Moon, by "JP" do you mean Jurassic Park? I can't wait for the new one. I so hope it's good!
Hello mermaidgrey! I'm looking forward to your posts. I'm sure they will be excellent! ;D
-Zhuchengotyrant

KaraWildsong42

You're very welcome! LBF was definitely what set me off on the Dino-path too, lol! And I agree about the toy store thing! I like choosing my toy out of a line-up of others that I can compare it to better than shopping online and hoping I get a good model. ;D I just wish there were more brick and mortar toy stores around nowadays. Our local TRU is a little on the small and constantly-under-stocked side....

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on April 14, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

Welcome !   I couldn't agree more..hopefully when the new JP film comes out we will be able to " attack " our local stores again..if we can wait that long.. lol

I was just telling my husband how excited I am for the new toys that are bound to come out with the new movie! I definitely CAN'T wait. ;D

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

mermaidgrey

Thank you Zhuchengotyrant and Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus :D I look forward to posting and chatting with you all :)

Kara, Yes it's always nice to see something in person, rather than the heavily edited and cleverly lit promotional photos you see online! I haven't bought a toy animal or dinosaur figure from a shop in years, but I do remember the last time I went. My mother treated me to a lovely Schleich Shire Horse from TRU. I think it must have been just before I started Uni. Never too old for a toy shop treat :)

Also, I hadn't thought much about new Jurassic Park merchandise, but now you all mention it I'm sure there will be some! I wonder what things they will make? I always liked in the in-movie merch in the first film gift shop - the lunch boxes and cuddly dinosaurs especially!
My sister got to go on holiday to Universal Studios several years ago and she said the Jurassic Park section was just like the movies. So jealous!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.