You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Gastornis Not Such A Terror After All

Started by suspsy, November 26, 2012, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

Quote from: PteraspisEMMA on February 19, 2013, 01:09:03 AM
Noooo!
Coolest bird ever a herbivore? Man I liked it better when it shredded little forest animals!
http://www.tapirback.com/tapirgal/gifts/friends/birds/bird-long-tailed-plastic-animals-f619.htm
(Confuciusornis)
Come on people! In case you guys didn't know,this plastic Nayab bird is actually a primitive bird!
And from 3 years of reading here on the forum,I have not seen a single thing about this bird!
::)  :))  *orthocone*

Re: Gastornis...I bet it was an omnivore, much like cassowaries are today so you are still free to imagine it wreaking havoc on little furry critters.

More importantly...confuciusornis! Holy crap! Thanks for that link!

Splonkadumpocus

Quote from: Iguanocolossus on November 20, 2013, 06:22:56 PM
I'm taking it with a grain of salt. It's only one study, and needs correlation.  Still, it has brought me over to the omnivore camp. I'm still skeptical of it as a pure herbivore.  Did any of the plants in the area have huge leaves or huge nuts or huge fruits?

Probably, considering it lived in rainforests.

Newt

You guys are missing the most important point.  If it was herbivorous, it was probably also delicious.  Just one more reason to resurrect it!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.