News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Extant Birds Figures

Started by brontodocus, March 16, 2012, 10:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horridus

Well, I don't buy many extant birds (or birds at all!). But a few weeks back I did purchase this one on a whim. Curse Schleich and their ubiquity!

Not a bad little stork, really.

What I'd really like is a pigeon, by which I mean a member of the Columbidae generally. Are there any out there?
All you need is love...in the time of chasmosaurs http://chasmosaurs.blogspot.com/
@Mhorridus

SBell

Quote from: Horridus on August 10, 2012, 08:35:50 PM
Well, I don't buy many extant birds (or birds at all!). But a few weeks back I did purchase this one on a whim. Curse Schleich and their ubiquity!

Not a bad little stork, really.

What I'd really like is a pigeon, by which I mean a member of the Columbidae generally. Are there any out there?

I think there are several Yowies ones. But honestly, I don't pay a lot of attention to birds (especially modern ones) so there are likely some I am missing.

Himmapaan

I think Kaiyodo made a number of columbidae. I'd love some too (obviously).

postsaurischian

Jetoar

Hello friends. This is my little collection of birds  :).

Schleich Eagle owl and Snowy owl and my singer birds: Robin, Nuthatch and Flycatcher  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Libraraptor

One of my clients used to collect budgie figures. Now she sells them! On request I´ll post some pics!

Himmapaan

Quote from: Libraraptor on August 20, 2012, 06:29:17 PM
One of my clients used to collect budgie figures. Now she sells them! On request I´ll post some pics!
Yes, please.  :)

Bokisaurus

ZoPteryx

Awseome extinct bird figures Boki! :))

Sumo

Beautiful collection!
I have a biggish (going on hugeish) bird collection, should really get around to taking pictures one of these days...

A couple of repaints I just finished:

Canada goose (Branta canadensis) and blue morph snow goose Anser (/Chen) caerulensis
"It is only a matter of time before the ents of justice arrive, and demonstrate the true, amphisbaenian origin of Mammalia. Then we will be free!"
- Dr Darren Naish

Libraraptor

Quote from: Himmapaan on August 20, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
Quote from: Libraraptor on August 20, 2012, 06:29:17 PM
Yes, please.  :)

Sorry I´m late with these! Anyone interested? Please PM!

Himmapaan

They're lovely!

I wish I could afford anything at the moment. Sigh.

ZoPteryx

Here are some of my existant bird figures. :)

I don't know anyhting about this bunch, they look like PV's quality but have no identifying labels, only "made in china" (that should narrow it down ::)).

Mallard, Atlantic Puffin, Toco Toucan

This mystery group isn't high on quality, but the species choice is interesting.

Spoonbill sp, Bird-of-Paradise sp, Darter sp, Hornbill sp, Tufted Puffin, Hummingbird sp.  I think I'm going to turn the Bird-of-Paradise into a Confuciusornis. ^-^

This Barn Owl figure is really nice.  It was made by "Action Products" as part of a nocturnal life tube.  Anyone know more about this company?

And finally, some PV figures:

Collared Lory, Blue-&-gold Macaw, Sun Conure, Blue-headed Parrot, Black-headed Caique

and PVs birds of prey:

King Vulture, American Kestrel, Secretary Bird, Andean Condor, Crested Caracara

Am I missing any PV birds?

brontodocus

Wow, I've never seen these PV birds before, I think... :)

Oh, Johan Scherft has just released another free paper model of a bird... :o

Which I had to assemble instantly... >:D Eurasian Wren, Troglodytes troglodytes, scale 1/1 (would be approx. 95 mm long if the tail wasn't held up). Not too hard despite its size, took me four and a half hours including cutting the templates and colouring the cutting edges.
Yup, it's another free model, available here:
http://www.johanscherft.com/papercraft.html

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a T-rex by Krentz? My friends all have Sideshow, I must make amends.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.