News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Spinosaurus variant?

Started by Rain, August 13, 2015, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: Paleona on August 26, 2015, 09:13:39 PM
That pink and blue coloring is great, thanks for sharing your pics!  It makes it look almost iridescent.  I would consider buying it now, seeing that color scheme.
Yes, and the teeth have been made slightly more rotten-looking, which is fitting for something that has it's snout in murky rivers and the inside of fish all day.
Next to the running rex, we can see who visits the dentist more often!

(This isn't the best photo, sorry about that. Its night where I am.)

Rain

Well would ya look at that, there  was a variant after all! Thank you for sharing your pictures Dilopho :)

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Dilopho on August 26, 2015, 08:13:31 PM

And here's a group of peacocks checking him out.

"Hey, look, it's our great great great great great great (x1000,000) grandfather!"

Lol!!!  Exactly!   :P

Dilopho

Yes, it seems like Papo are out with the colours of emus and in with the colours of parrots- their old grey spinosaurus now has pink and blue highlights, the baby triceratops looks like a disco compared to his muddy brown father, and the Tyrannosaurus family have sexual dimorphism. And their velociraptor needs no comment. I like this better than the old dirt-coloured dinos.
But are they still producing some of their old paintjobs? The place I got the new spinosaurus from (a safari park here in the UK) has a Papo display that has all of the new paintjobs (grey velociraptor, brown T.rex, pink spinosaurus and so on...) but had both the spotted and un-spotted stegosaurs.

XCLASSGAMING

Anyone know where i can buy one?!

Dilopho

Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 27, 2015, 07:16:24 PM
Really, you'd only be able to find it in stores. Online shops always use the stock image of the classic grey one.
I hate having to but them in-store because they always have black numbers printed onto their tails or feet! Even on my chap mei figures!

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: Dilopho on August 27, 2015, 07:56:55 PM
Quote from: XCLASSGAMING on August 27, 2015, 07:16:24 PM
Really, you'd only be able to find it in stores. Online shops always use the stock image of the classic grey one.
I hate having to but them in-store because they always have black numbers printed onto their tails or feet! Even on my chap mei figures!
Ok cheers for the help :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.