News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo Spinosaurus variant?

Started by Rain, August 13, 2015, 12:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rain

I've been hearing rumors going around about a Papo Spinosaurus variant, has anybody managed to get their hands on one if this is true? I think we'd all love to see it

EDIT: User Dilopho managed to get his hands on one, scroll down for pictures generously posted by him.

Rathalosaurus

Dude, I very like Dinos and I cannot understand those who don't.

Rain

It supposedly has a lot more blue incorporated into the paint scheme

Roselaar

Rain

A few people were talking about it on here before. I've also seen a few of my friends on facebook mention it and of course JurrassicCollectables also talks about it in his fairly recent Papo Stego video

Pachyrhinosaurus

I sort of remember people talking about this, too. It was during the time of v1 but I don't think it was on the DTF, but I never saw a picture of it.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

joossa

See page 28 of the Papo thread for that discussion:

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=419.540

EDIT:
A quick Ebay search demonstrates how variable the paint app can be:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

alexeratops

Those look more like a spray paint bottle escaped the painter's hand than a different paint job to me. Especially the second one.
like a bantha!

tanystropheus

Quote from: alexeratops on August 13, 2015, 11:51:28 PM
Those look more like a spray paint bottle escaped the painter's hand than a different paint job to me. Especially the second one.

Hey, you're right. It does have an airbrushed pattern to it (e.g. on the sail).

Shadowknight1

Quote from: joossa on August 13, 2015, 09:58:29 PM
Okay, THAT is a Papo Spino I wouldn't mind having compared to the standard coloration.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Arul

First stego, then brachio, now spino, looks like they want to make a sexual dimorphism, well i want pteranodon color variant  :D

Rain

Okay, THAT is a Papo Spino I wouldn't mind having compared to the standard coloration.
[/quote]

I agree, that looks amazing compared to the one I have. I wish Papo would use more.. flamboyant (for lack of a better term) colors.

EDIT: I still haven't figured out how to correctly quote a post it seems

Arul

Click quote and then write your comment below the [ / q o u t e ] sign dont erase anything in quote format. Click preview before save if you want to know how your post looks like

Neon-Allo

does the normal Papo Spino have the blue incorporated in the design? If so it could just be someone at Papo using a little too much blue maybe? But I mean last time I checked the non-variant doesn't have any noticeable blue In it...

Rain

Quote from: Neon-Allo on August 14, 2015, 02:21:02 PM
does the normal Papo Spino have the blue incorporated in the design? If so it could just be someone at Papo using a little too much blue maybe? But I mean last time I checked the non-variant doesn't have any noticeable blue In it...

It has a tiny streak of blue across the sail

XCLASSGAMING

Quote from: Arul on August 14, 2015, 12:44:47 AM
First stego, then brachio, now spino, looks like they want to make a sexual dimorphism, well i want pteranodon color variant  :D
Wait...they made a new Brachio variant?!

jurassic jace

Hi,
yes the spino colour variant is out there saw them myself so brought one,more blue and a rainbow type colouring on the top edge of sail,the store I went in had the original and the new colour ones togeather,could see the difference right away,way better than the old one!,and this is from a store all the way down here in New Zealand!

joossa

Quote from: jurassic jace on August 23, 2015, 02:33:58 AM
Hi,
yes the spino colour variant is out there saw them myself so brought one,more blue and a rainbow type colouring on the top edge of sail,the store I went in had the original and the new colour ones togeather,could see the difference right away,way better than the old one!,and this is from a store all the way down here in New Zealand!
Can you please post a photo?
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Dilopho

I managed to pick up the new pink and blue spinosaurus! (It's also my first papo spinosaurus!)

I like his black lipstick. The pink face actually looks really aggressive, like it's colour-flushed, and the legs have blue socks on. The fin has three horizontal stripes: white on the top, then pink, then blue.

And here's a group of peacocks checking him out.

"Hey, look, it's our great great great great great great (x1000,000) grandfather!"

Paleona

That pink and blue coloring is great, thanks for sharing your pics!  It makes it look almost iridescent.  I would consider buying it now, seeing that color scheme.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: