You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Looking for partners to commission work on a figure/figures

Started by Chad, August 20, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chad

In case you missed it, forum member brandem has offered to create figures on commission and I wanted to get a feel if anyone was willing to partner up on one of these commissions since it would reduce the cost greatly to have more people involved.  Below is a list of some of the prehistoric critters I would be interested in getting, though I have to admit atopodentatus would be my #1 choice. Any unusual and obscure animal that I'm reasonably sure no one else is ever going to make would be what I'm interested in having commission in case you have an idea for something not on my list. And, of course, brandem would have to feel he can do the critter chosen justice and all of that so he'd have the final decision on actual viability.

So, my list:

atopodentatus
bunostega
canadaspis
kulindadromeus
hypuronector
incisivosaurus
armadillosuchus
anatosuchus
sharovipteryx

Regards

--Chad

Megalosaurus

Hello.
From your list I'm interested in armadillosuchus only. If more people get interested count with me on this one .
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

brandem

I love the list of possibilities on here, I think it would be really great to try any.

DinoToyForum

Could you post links or images of Brandem's prior work and provide some ballpark figures for costs? I think that would be helpful.  :)

Chad

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1679.0

The above is a long thread with pictures of a lot of brandem's work. As for cost, roughly, I think it would be around $70 for the initial sculpt and then around $10 or so for each cast. (brandem, please jump in here to clarify if I'm way off.) So, for two people the cost would be $40 each, for 3, it would be $30 and so on. (Shipping will be extra, of course.) The more the merrier! Honestly, I think this is the perfect project for a community of paleo nerds like this forum. We can get weird creatures only we care about, support one of the community's paleo artists and instead of hoping and dreaming a toy maker will turn out an obscure animal, we can just get it done ourselves.

Alexxitator

Hey all,
A very interesting initiative! If this gets off the ground, do count me in!
Concerning species choices; atopodentatus is ofc a really nice oddball choice. Furthermore anything ending on "suchus" gets my ticker running faster.

Im am going to be watching this thread with great interest.
To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

brandem

Hey! Chad is right in that the casting of a medium size figure would run around 60-70 dollars maybe less depending on how few casts I need to make, now a smaller figure may run between 20-40 dollars, when I say small I mean Papo baby triceratops size maybe a little larger, and if we are talking big, like one dimension being larger than a foot, we may be looking at something 120+.

And on multiple figures I'm always willing to work out a price that saves you money, because it's mostly about building a brand and allowing me to continue doing something I love, so I'm not looking to break your bank.

Cheers everyone

Chad

Just bumping this. I'll probably be annoying and bump this every so often for the next couple of weeks to try to drum up more interest. Apologies in advance!

Chad

Chad

Alexxitator

To kill an error is as good a service as, and sometimes even better than, the establishing of a new truth or fact.
-Charles Darwin-

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.