News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

making a dinosaur

Started by reinier zwanink, October 23, 2014, 10:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reinier zwanink

By nowi have seen many beautyful models here
Sculpted painted and even 3D printed
But how on (jurrasic) earth do you do that?
Are there painting and sculpting guides on this subject or step by step posts?
I would like to learn more on this

fabricious

Concerning the process of creating 3D-models (in Zbrush), there is a great series of tutorials by David Krentz, which can be purchased here: https://www.uartsy.com/course/dinosaur-sculpting
This is pretty much how I learned the process.

reinier zwanink

Thanks for the link
I will look into that to for your work is great

reinier zwanink

Is there no documentation on painting?

Newt

You might try asking your questions at the Clubhouse forums. They are dedicated to sculpting, building, and painting kits.

Painting and building subforum
Palaeo subforum

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.