News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Your preference for detailed/high-end figures of therapods

Started by gfxtwin, September 11, 2015, 11:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you rather have:

figure that can stand without base at expense of accurate proportions like feet size or accurate positions (standing in tripod pose instead of horizontal, bent tails, etc for balance)
7 (24.1%)
Proportions as accurate as possible at the expense of figure being able to stand without base.  Might include a support rod or pegged bases
22 (75.9%)

Total Members Voted: 29

manuel-mx

Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 14, 2015, 05:09:21 PM
I've always thinked that if the real animal can stand by its own with much more weight, then the models we made are wrong (May be in posture, may be in the way we flesh them).

I think the real animal or even a human being could not keep standing by its own without the support of its muscular strength

KeU

Quote from: manuel-mx on September 14, 2015, 07:20:36 PM
Quote from: Megalosaurus on September 14, 2015, 05:09:21 PM
I've always thinked that if the real animal can stand by its own with much more weight, then the models we made are wrong (May be in posture, may be in the way we flesh them).
I think the real animal or even a human being could not keep standing by its own without the support of its muscular strength
Don't forget density as well.
Not 1 animal has uniform density throughout its body, not even worms.
With big empty organs like lungs on the front half and high density muscles on the tail, Theropods may seem front heavy but are actually pretty well balanced.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.