News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"

Started by joossa, July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on July 05, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Quotethis looks to me like potentially Rebor's ugliest and most uninspired dinosaur so far. It's dissapointing because I actually would have loved to get a really good 'Disney' style Carnotaurus in crimson colours.

I don't think it's the colour that's the problem, but the pose: It's too stiff. Look at those legs. They are planted on the ground. However, the tail is swinging as if it was walking. This make the pose look "stiff" as these two movements are contradictory and almost makes the figure seem off balanced. If the pose was more fluid then I don't think many people would be talking about the colour.

For me color is not the problem either. I do not think bad figure but quite the opposite and I will buy it even if it is violaceous. I do not know why we give so much importance to the color of the dinosaur.

What I would like to know if it holds up better than other figures in Rebor, without needing a base so you comment the tail is balanced on the ground that for me is already a problem, as for paint I repeat I do not care about the color. On the other hand I would not have liked it to have looked like Disney carnotaurus sincerely speaking, that figure is from a children's movie. .

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on July 05, 2017, 03:31:43 PM
Quotethis looks to me like potentially Rebor's ugliest and most uninspired dinosaur so far. It's dissapointing because I actually would have loved to get a really good 'Disney' style Carnotaurus in crimson colours.

I don't think it's the colour that's the problem, but the pose: It's too stiff. Look at those legs. They are planted on the ground. However, the tail is swinging as if it was walking. This make the pose look "stiff" as these two movements are contradictory and almost makes the figure seem off balanced. If the pose was more fluid then I don't think many people would be talking about the colour.

No, i agree, the colour isn't why it appears ugly to me; it's the design, the proportions, the complete lack of dynamism. It looks like one of those animatronic dinosaur statues with an awkward jutting neck that jolts unconvincingly from side to side, and the excessive yet monotonous detailing only adds to the overall sense of stiff artifice. The base looks like a badly burnt beef-burger, still raw on the inside and turning disturbingly yellowish as it begins to decompose. Throw in the dullness of the colours and you've got a thoroughly water soaked squib.
But hey, thats just me, i'm glad other people will enjoy it.

tanystropheus

I'm a fan of the color. Cream is always a good thing. The skink tongue is a nice touch.

Overall, along with Papo and Carnegie, we have another excellent and impressive Carnotaurus to add to our collection. It comes with a nifty, albeit, nonsensical base.

Sure the pose lacks dynamism but no one ever complains about Favorite or Battat models lacking dynamism. Not sure why REBOR is expected to fulfill the dynamism checklist with each and every model.

The proportions seem fine to me. Not too ridiculous. The head doesn't seem too wide in the final product. My only gripe is the legs. This is one leggy Carnotaurus.

In summary, another superior product in the REBOR theropod line (Really, can we have some herbivores please?). I hope the product stands the test of time. Pun intended!  ;)

tanystropheus

Quote from: The Atroxious on September 19, 2016, 02:30:07 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on July 25, 2016, 06:24:53 AM
I hope it is

(1) glow in the dark
(2) changes colors when submerged in water
(3) smells like cherry blossom (scratch-n-sniff)
(4) changes sizes when submerged in water overnight
(5) has body damage
(6) comes with detachable brainbox
(7) swappable heads (stoic, paleobro, awesomebro)
8. swappable hands (open fist, closed fist, pronated, supinated)
(9) comes with dog plates
(10) limited edition $149 statue and comic book + 1 year subscription to Paleontology Times, REBOR art book and blu-ray documentary
(11) crawls like an octopus when you throw it against a wall
(12) sings, "I'm the baby" when you pull on a string
(12) built in NFC chip with augmented compatible tech for iPhone and android
(13) non-detachable but simultaneously detachable bases (you figure it out!)
(14) retromutagen ooze and ectoplasm accessories

I concur! I've always wanted a scratch-n-sniff, wall crawling, detatchable/non-detatcable base dinosaur toy. My life won't be complete without this.

Too bad it didn't live up to expectations! ;)

Shonisaurus

Quote from: tanystropheus on July 06, 2017, 01:40:51 AM
I'm a fan of the color. Cream is always a good thing. The skink tongue is a nice touch.

Overall, along with Papo and Carnegie, we have another excellent and impressive Carnotaurus to add to our collection. It comes with a nifty, albeit, nonsensical base.

Sure the pose lacks dynamism but no one ever complains about Favorite or Battat models lacking dynamism. Not sure why REBOR is expected to fulfill the dynamism checklist with each and every model.

The proportions seem fine to me. Not too ridiculous. The head doesn't seem too wide in the final product. My only gripe is the legs. This is one leggy Carnotaurus.

In summary, another superior product in the REBOR theropod line (Really, can we have some herbivores please?). I hope the product stands the test of time. Pun intended!  ;)

Although I like PNSO figures is not a bad figure, it has defects like legs too long, but I like that figure too.

And when they have them in German stores I will be the first to buy them.

Josesaurus rex

Quote from: joossa on February 07, 2017, 03:26:51 AM
Quote from: Josesaurus rex on February 06, 2017, 09:49:39 PM
Quote from: utd7 on September 25, 2016, 08:51:48 AM
I was disappointed when the picture was complete but the additional ones they released has redeemed it slightly but am still not happy that it will be based on the Disney version.

At least it will be accurately scaled as they said it will be yutyrannus and ceratosaurus size. I agree totally with Victoria b that they should cut down on the teases and better explain their forthcoming plans rather than just occasionally replying to someone on Facebook about what's next. Anyway I am a sucker for carnotaurus and will definitely buy the Crimson King

One question, where can you see the Carnotaurus images that came later? Not the ones on the first page that are black and white, the others.

You mean the color images? They haven't been released yet.

Quote from: Derek.McManus on February 06, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
I wonder how an important sample like that was allowed to get damaged to such an extent it must have come quite a cropper hope it was insured!

Ok, thanks!!  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Josesaurus rex on August 19, 2017, 10:21:51 PM
Quote from: joossa on February 07, 2017, 03:26:51 AM
Quote from: Josesaurus rex on February 06, 2017, 09:49:39 PM
Quote from: utd7 on September 25, 2016, 08:51:48 AM
I was disappointed when the picture was complete but the additional ones they released has redeemed it slightly but am still not happy that it will be based on the Disney version.

At least it will be accurately scaled as they said it will be yutyrannus and ceratosaurus size. I agree totally with Victoria b that they should cut down on the teases and better explain their forthcoming plans rather than just occasionally replying to someone on Facebook about what's next. Anyway I am a sucker for carnotaurus and will definitely buy the Crimson King

One question, where can you see the Carnotaurus images that came later? Not the ones on the first page that are black and white, the others.

You mean the color images? They haven't been released yet.

Quote from: Derek.McManus on February 06, 2017, 04:52:00 PM
I wonder how an important sample like that was allowed to get damaged to such an extent it must have come quite a cropper hope it was insured!

Ok, thanks!!  :)

I still remember the day when my Xbox One: Day One Edition arrived. The mailman literally slammed the box on the floor (I heard a loud thud on my doorstep). I think he was jealous or something (or perhaps, a hardcore SONY fan...). I looked out the window and he was a young dude somewhere between 24-32 years of age....he definitely knew what the deal was....well, anyways, the system worked fine but the disc drive was buggy...I had to return it to Microsoft for repairs. I am hoping this nonsense doesn't happen again with the upcoming Xbox One X: Project Scorpio Edition...

indominus

The only Rebor model I have purchased is Savage, would anyone recommend buying Crimson King? Its much smaller than I realised, Rebor like to advertise them big to make the price seem reasonable, I now know its a little bigger then the Papo Carno. Is it worth the money?

Reptilia

It should be about the same size as "Savage", quite bigger than the Papo Carnotaurus.

Cephalopod

Its a wonderfull piece i think, still be carefull with it. Its hide is quite sharp.
Ink ink ink, cephalopods don't stink... so does their ink. I think.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: indominus on December 15, 2017, 06:31:50 PM
The only Rebor model I have purchased is Savage, would anyone recommend buying Crimson King? Its much smaller than I realised, Rebor like to advertise them big to make the price seem reasonable, I now know its a little bigger then the Papo Carno. Is it worth the money?

Honestly it's worth it from my point of view to buy the carnotaurus Rebor, I bought it and for me it is one of my favorite dinosaurs.

Moreover I was one of the few who voted in favor of the Carnotaurus Rebor was among the ten first figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals of this year 2017. I sincerely recommend it although it has articulated arms and articulated jaw (things I do not share in a toy dinosaur).

It is a great figure from my point of view, apart from that its base is great very well painted and the colors of the dinosaur carnotaurus I like a lot. There are two points in his favor.  :)

PlasticResinHeroes

Sharing my first REBOR figure, Carnotaurus Sastrei.

Behind The Scenes setup
PLASTIC RESIN HEROES
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK

RobinGoodfellow

PlasticResinHeroes

PLASTIC RESIN HEROES
INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.