News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"

Started by joossa, July 17, 2016, 11:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Carnotaurus sastrei "Crimson King"
Will be approximately the same size as Rebor's Yutyrannus, Ceratosaurus, and the Papo Allosaurus. Color scheme will be red and black. Has an articulated jaw. Arms are rotatable.

Scale: 1/35
Tease Date: 07/14/16
Black and White Image Release Date: 09/18/16 (Partial Photo)
Official Color Images Released on: 04/27/17
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: June, 2017

Comes with a Base: Yes
Accessories/Extras: No

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's Carnotaurus. Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on May 02, 2015, 07:13:07 PM
We are not professional manufactures like Papo or Sideshow, we are just a group of dinosaur enthusiasts who want to share our works with the world, like John Hammond said, we spared no expense to make these models become possible, that means we are spending our own money to make gifts for you, you should be able to understand the cost after we explained the whole manufacturing process in detail. Please stop comparing us with Papo, one piece injection molding is insanely expensive, and we don't even want to talk about cost of mold itself, not to mention all the polystone bases, true, polystone isn't gold, but isn't cheap either, so if you are imagining us sitting behind the desk and counting money, wrong and wrong, in fact 2 REBOR members have quit from the team, since they believed they were doing the right thing but all they have felt is disappointment, they don't want to spend their own money just to get blamed anymore, and to be honest this thought is now with all other memebers, after all we have no obligation to continue the brand, and we could shut down REBOR permanently at any time, all molds and existing products will be recalled and destroyed, all future projects including Acrocanthosaurus will be cancelled, existing prototype sculptures such as Allosaurus,Carnotaurus,Triceratops, Mosasaurus, Brachiosaurus,Protoceratops VS Velociraptors will all be destroyed. We love what we do but now we just don't want to do it anymore.

02/26/16
QuoteFB User: AWESOME!!!! BTW I love the look / design of your Dinos !! Keep up the great work !! Im still waiting for the day you guys release a Carnotarus ! =DDDDD
Rebor: Whisper: coming this September, don't tell anyone! ;)

03/25/16:
QuoteFB User: [Regarding the velociraptor "Winston"]The base for this better be a dead Muldoon still clutching to a spas 12 shot gun. This is the first one I'm not excited about, and it's not because I think the sculpt will be bad or that it's "inaccurate" it's just there are sooooooo many Velociraptors of all kinds. make an Australovenator and I'll throw my wallet at you lol. I know at one point you said Carnotaurus was supposed to be in your line...
Rebor: Banjo is awesome and we don't think we can do a better job! And yes we have a 1:35 Carnotaurus

09/22/16:
QuoteCarnotaurus in Disney's Dinosaur were awesome and we always wanted to pay a little homage to that certain design, just trying to cross it off our bucket list mate :)

09/24/16:
QuoteSame size as Yutyrannus Ceratosaurus and Papo Allosaurus :)

QuoteThe purple piper plays his tune
The choir softly sing
Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
For the court of the CRIMSON KING

QuoteThe first Carnotaurus model with lips, looks even more menacing as you can still see those deadly razor-sharp teeth through them!

QuoteFB User: Male or female And color is?
Rebor: All fans voted red&black :)

QuoteFB User: Male or female?
Rebor:

QuoteFB User: Articulated mouth?
Rebor: Of course :)

09/25/16:
QuoteFB User:  ...so, like the repaint of Sideshow's Carnotaurus, correct?
Rebor: Very different actually, he looks amazing :)

QuoteFB User:  Maybe when come out, REBOR??
Rebor: Hopefully in December :)

02/04/17:
QuoteFB User: when can we see the carno??
Rebor: The prototype was severely damaged during the shipping to China and it took us a whole month to get it fully repaired which is why it has been postponed. Fortunately everything is OK now and it will be released in April together with Spring Heeled Jack

03/09/17:
QuoteFB User: I wish the tail would be straight. The Carnotaurus couldn't move his tail like that.
Rebor: Got you man but he's an awesomebro to the core XD
QuoteFB User: Wow..she is a good~!
Rebor: Crimson King is a he :)

04/27/17:
QuoteThree lullabies in ancient tongue for the court of the Crimson King

REBOR 1:35 Carnotaurus sastrei Museum Class Replica "Crimson King"comes with articulated lower jaw, rotatable arms and lava land diorama base.

You may ask what took you so long to get these photos released, well we must make sure that our factory can actually manufacture what's shown in the photos otherwise it would be considered as false advertising wouldn't it? What you see is what you get- it is our attitude and our promise to customers, and we believe that such rule should be followed by ALL manufactures, right? RIGHT!?

04/29/17:
QuoteFB User: why the carnotaurus have the same size as ceratosaurus as you said? It should be much bigger as in this picture if you follow fossil remains?

Rebor: We are creating collectables characters rather than making ordinary dino figures so we always like to give our products a little personalities. Savage is a 9 metre long alpha male, don't say it's impossible mate cus we human got Shaq O'Neal and the Rock ;) Crimson King is about the same length as Savage but taller.
QuoteFB User: Is it bigger that the king t rex?
Rebor: About the same size as Savage

05/30/16:
QuoteCrimson King will be available this month

07/03/17:
QuoteThe colour scheme of Crimson King was inspired by Tiliqua scincoides aka blue-tongued skinks, did you guess it right?

Tease Image: 07/14/16:

Black and White Images: 09/24/16:

Photo of the prototype the was damaged when being shipped to China for production: 02/04/17:

Color Shot, Dorsal View: 03/10/17:

Official Color Images: 04/27/17:

Packaging: 06/02/17:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Derek.McManus

I may not be for me but I am genuinely interested in seeing / learning more about this model.

Mo_the_Triceratops_King

I hope it has the red color paint job we all like on the Carnos. :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Mo_the_Triceratops_King on July 24, 2016, 01:19:16 PM

Haha :D

... well, Papo's is somewhat green and Schleich has a blue one, so there's alternatives ;)

utd7

I think red is overused on this species even though I do like it. A red Carnotaurus instantly makes me remember the Disney Dinosaur movie which had them a bit beefed up to Tyrannosaur size (which on a side note is one of the underrated dinosaur movies ever, the dinosaurs looked incredibly real second only to the Jurassic series in my opinion).

Anyway can' t wait to see the full reveal of this beauty which will be an instant buy for me.
We live in a Jurassic World

MLMjp

Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 24, 2016, 09:46:49 PM

... well, Papo's is somewhat green and Schleich has a blue one, so there's alternatives ;)
Quote from: utd7 on July 24, 2016, 10:02:41 PM
I think red is overused on this species even though I do like it. A red Carnotaurus instantly makes me remember the Disney Dinosaur movie which had them a bit beefed up to Tyrannosaur size (which on a side note is one of the underrated dinosaur movies ever, the dinosaurs looked incredibly real second only to the Jurassic series in my opinion).

Anyway can' t wait to see the full reveal of this beauty which will be an instant buy for me.

I always liked reddish colors on Carnotaurus, I think they make it look fearsome. Although like some of you have said, they are a bit overused on this genus. Given how Rebor likes pop culture dinos it will not surprise me if they give reddish colors to this guy. However, it will be nice if they do their own patron of colors, with red or without it.

Albertosaurus

Seems to me that they are recycling the Cerato body. Those legs look quite similar...

MLMjp

Quote from: Albertosaurus on July 24, 2016, 11:56:07 PM
Seems to me that they are recycling the Cerato body. Those legs look quite similar...

I don´t think so, the ceratosaurs is standing on it´s toes, and this one is with all the feet on the ground.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on July 24, 2016, 10:30:49 PM
Quote from: Lanthanotus on July 24, 2016, 09:46:49 PM

Quote from: utd7 on July 24, 2016, 10:02:41 PM

I always liked reddish colors on Carnotaurus, I think they make it look fearsome. Although like some of you have said, they are a bit overused on this genus. Given how Rebor likes pop culture dinos it will not surprise me if they give reddish colors to this guy. However, it will be nice if they do their own patron of colors, with red or without it.

I hope its black with red patterning. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

tanystropheus

I hope it is

(1) glow in the dark
(2) changes colors when submerged in water
(3) smells like cherry blossom (scratch-n-sniff)
(4) changes sizes when submerged in water overnight
(5) has body damage
(6) comes with detachable brainbox
(7) swappable heads (stoic, paleobro, awesomebro)
8. swappable hands (open fist, closed fist, pronated, supinated)
(9) comes with dog plates
(10) limited edition $149 statue and comic book + 1 year subscription to Paleontology Times, REBOR art book and blu-ray documentary
(11) crawls like an octopus when you throw it against a wall
(12) sings, "I'm the baby" when you pull on a string
(12) built in NFC chip with augmented compatible tech for iPhone and android
(13) non-detachable but simultaneously detachable bases (you figure it out!)
(14) retromutagen ooze and ectoplasm accessories

MLMjp

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 25, 2016, 04:50:41 AM
Like the old battat or the JP "demon"? ;)
Quote from: tanystropheus on July 25, 2016, 06:24:53 AM
I hope it is

(1) glow in the dark
(5) has body damage
(10) limited edition $149 statue and comic book + 1 year subscription to Paleontology Times, REBOR art book and blu-ray documentary

Da f**k?? :o

Derek.McManus

I don't think all the features you mention would be compatible with this type of model or even an option at this stage of the process but maybe Rebor could consider them for future releases if they are popular ideas?

Halichoeres

I hope it is

(1) glow in the dark
(5) has body damage

I guess it would be asking too much to request that it come with a kitchen sink.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Rain

Shadowknight1

Well, so far it seems pretty conservative for a REBOR product.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

The Atroxious

I hope it is

(1) glow in the dark
(5) has body damage

I concur! I've always wanted a scratch-n-sniff, wall crawling, detatchable/non-detatcable base dinosaur toy. My life won't be complete without this.

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on July 25, 2016, 09:16:50 AM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on July 25, 2016, 04:50:41 AM
Like the old battat or the JP "demon"? ;)

I guess you could say both. I love the devilish black and red colors on Carnotaurus's. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

joossa

Very excited for this release. Good to see some forward momentum on it.
-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Arul

Flaffy

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: