You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Someone was looking for these...

Started by brettnj, November 03, 2014, 09:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Watson

deleted

brettnj

FYI, with no judgment, I'm not a dino collector but a Kaiyodo figure collector and had/have no idea what these are.  Probably wouldn't have posted had I known if for no other reason than to avoid creating an issue. 

I just know buyers have seen these on YAJ before and asked me to obtain them.

tyrantqueen

How do you know they're recasts? It's actually very rare to find recasts on YAJ.

And I wouldn't buy a recast either. Not even if someone gave one to me. They're horrid quality.

Doug Watson

deleted

Doug Watson

Deleted

tyrantqueen

If you check out the seller's other items, you can see he/she is offering many kits, some of which are in their original boxes.

http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/h194304852

I suppose it's not impossible to accidentally purchase a recast on YAJ, but like I said, I have never experienced it before. I have bought all of my Kaiyodo vinyls from the site and they are all authentic. I still have the original boxes so I can prove it too.

By the way, the Barosaurus is labelled as being from Kaiyodo.

tyrantqueen

Oh, I also forgot to mention- these prices for the kits are insanely expensive- as one would expect from an old discontinued kit. You usually find recasts for a fraction of the original pricing. The kit I linked to is selling for 55,000 yen- that is 482.789 American dollars.

Doug Watson

Quote from: brettnj on November 03, 2014, 07:09:48 PM
FYI, with no judgment, I'm not a dino collector but a Kaiyodo figure collector and had/have no idea what these are.  Probably wouldn't have posted had I known if for no other reason than to avoid creating an issue. 

I just know buyers have seen these on YAJ before and asked me to obtain them.

In the interest of uncluttering your thread I have deleted my posts since it seems likely these are legit. Recasting is a touchy subject with me since I have now had three of my pieces bootlegged, I should have checked more before making my first posting I apologize.

amargasaurus cazaui

You know Doug, your postings as they were might have helped serve to make us that are less well informed about those pieces more cautious and perhaps less likely to get stung....we all learn from one another in some fashion I think
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen