You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Technical Question - Shapeways Frosted & White - Actual Plastic type?

Started by deanm, December 04, 2014, 04:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deanm

Hi All;

Probably has been discussed at least once but my searches don't retrieve the exact answer (there is a deluge of "shapeways" on the forum and the various combinations of terms does not seem to yield what I am after).

What are the exact plastic materials (polymers) that Shapeways uses for their figures? I know it varies by material the item is printed in etc.

In particular, I want to know for the:

"strong & flexible plastic"
"frosted detail plastic"
"elasto plastic"

("white" finish for the above if that matters to the actual plastic polymer used).

Thanks for the help.

tyrantqueen

Try Shapeways' site.
If you want to get really technical, there is a data sheet you can read

WSF is Polylaurinlactam (polyamide 12), frosted detail is urethane acrylate polymer. I can't find any info on elasto plastic, but it's a maker's material only so you won't be able to order another's artist's prints in it anyway.

deanm

:) Insert "self inflicted calm palm".  :)

Thanks TQ.  It was one of those days at work...

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.