You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New Snake Fossils From the Jurassic

Started by Balaur, March 08, 2015, 11:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balaur

http://www.sci-news.com/paleontology/science-eophis-underwoodi-oldest-known-snake-fossils-02440.html

Four new fossil snakes have been found, all from the Jurassic, pushing back the origins of snakes. The new named species are Eophis underwoodi, Portugalophis lignites, Diablophis gilmorei, and Parviraptor estesi.

DinoLord

Very interesting. It's always nice to see new insight concerning familiar fossil locales.

CityRaptor

Remember when we talked about the issues with prehistoric snakes lke Titanboa not looking prehistoric? Won't be an issue with these!
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.