News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Archaeopteryx vs Archaeopteryx

Started by suspsy, April 23, 2015, 11:28:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Archaeopteryx Do You Prefer?

Papo
Wild Safari

postsaurischian

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 26, 2015, 05:42:14 PM
... better not to mention the archeopteryx of schleich which is aimed at a young audience.

Schleich Archaeopteryx ????
Maybe I'm getting senile, but I can't remember any :-\.

CityRaptor

It's an upcoming figure that only will be available in bigger sets, making it expensive and leaving you with their bigger, worse figures...

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

postsaurischian

Ha! Haven't seen this yet. I'm glad I'm not senile.

Arul

Cool set all is good, except theee macaw ?

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on April 26, 2015, 05:42:14 PM
You have been forgotten by Bullyland archaeopteryx, now sadly depleted, it is also a good figure.

I have the blue archaeopteryx and I can say that is a pretty good reconstruction, and also should be mentioned though that, well ... better not to mention the archeopteryx of schleich which is aimed at a young audience.

I don't think the Schleich Archaeo is bad. It reminds me of the Bullyland version (somewhat). I wonder what are the 3 additional miniature dinosaurs in that Schleich diorama. The diorama may appear more sophisticated with a layer of paint wash applied on it.

Halichoeres

According to http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2015/01/19/schleich-world-of-history-prehistoric-animals-2015.html they are Microraptor, a baby Quetzalcoatlus, and a baby T-rex.

Quote from: ARUL on April 27, 2015, 01:19:26 AM
The macaw is the Archaeopteryx, if you can believe it! Pretty hilarious color scheme for a predator.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

DarkPhantom

If you were to use them both in a diorama, you could make the more colorful Papo as a flamboyant, flashy male, and the WS as the more predator-looking female.

Derek.McManus

As a toy i would choose the Papo figure.

Arul

Quote from: Halichoeres on April 27, 2015, 01:47:41 AM
According to http://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2015/01/19/schleich-world-of-history-prehistoric-animals-2015.html they are Microraptor, a baby Quetzalcoatlus, and a baby T-rex.

Quote from: ARUL on April 27, 2015, 01:19:26 AM
The macaw is the Archaeopteryx, if you can believe it! Pretty hilarious color scheme for a predator.

Yes, the pterosaur looks like butterfly..

Quote from: Derek.McManus on April 27, 2015, 03:58:47 PM
As a toy i would choose the Papo figure.
Agreed :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.