News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Howdy

Started by Tbolt, May 06, 2015, 08:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbolt

Just thought I would say hello. Any of you that have been on Statueforum or Sideshow freaks will no doubt recognize my name (I am the same Tbolt). Started collecting figures a couple of years ago, and have a 3 year old who loves dino's so started to look into collecting those lines (Actually turns three next week, and we are celebrating at the Dino Park!) I have a pretty solid statue/premuim format collection, but dino's are new to me. Thus far I have only picked up CollectA 1/40 Deinocheirus, and Rebor's 1/35 Utahraptor and Ceratosaurus. Have the Sideshow Triceratops on order, but think that those pieces are probably too rich for my blood to collect with my little one. Anyway, this place seems...interesting. Looking forward to contributing as I build our collection.

sauroid

hello and welcome!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Arul

Welcome to the forum  :) do you know REBOR ? The have an account here. They make great dinosaur figure they are new company. I called them sideshow's little brother lol

DinoToyForum

Tbolt

Quote from: ARUL on May 06, 2015, 09:07:39 AM
Welcome to the forum  :) do you know REBOR ? The have an account here. They make great dinosaur figure they are new company. I called them sideshow's little brother lol

I only stumbled accross them on BBTS when looking at Sideshows Dinosauria stuff. Became intrigued as they seem to offer the bang for the buck/better than a toy but for a lot less than what Sideshow is offering. Love the packaging as well, seems really first rate.

I actually was so impressed by what I had seen, I looked for youtube videos, found them on facebook, then went hunting for a forum. I am actually more than a little suprised that they have been taken to task as much as they have been on here. I would have thought that many people would have had a similar idea in mind (wanting something a little higher end without going to budget busting SS). Quite frankly, I am kind of worried that just as I am getting excited about them, they may already be packing it in. They don't even seem to be posting much of anything on Facebook.

I hope that I am wrong about that, because otherwise I will have to reconsider buying a couple Sideshow pieces rather than the grand diorama of multiple dino's I had in mind. The list they hinted at would be fantastic...if their hearts are still in it to make them.

Mamasaurus

Hi there and welcome! My little ones were the ones who inspired me to join a forum like this.  Lots of good stuff happening here.  :D  Happy birthday to your little one! My oldest will be turning 3 in July.  ;D

Images copyrite to Mamasaurus

tasosaurusGR

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.