News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Feathered Theropod

Started by Kitchen_Wolf, February 16, 2015, 06:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kitchen_Wolf

P1000660 by kitchen_wolf, on Flickr

Started with a basic Dollar Tree T. rex.  The real animal was apparently bald, but odds are not all members of the genus shared this trait.

P1000656 by kitchen_wolf, on Flickr

I based the coat pattern on a snow leopard, but a little more blue.  The feathers are Magic Sculpt.

P1000655 by kitchen_wolf, on Flickr

The way the spots turned demonstrates the value of an airbrush - I don't have one.

Rex portrait by kitchen_wolf, on Flickr

Teeth aren't entirely accurate, but at least they're sharp.

SpittersForEver

That looks cool and very unique, I like the pattern.

Dinomike

Lovely! What did you use for the feathering?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Dilopho

What an excellent custom!
But...
....prepare yourself...
...I have the original figure, too, and on the belly it says it is a Dilophosaurus!!!

Kayakasaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on August 05, 2015, 08:17:19 PM
What an excellent custom!
But...
....prepare yourself...
...I have the original figure, too, and on the belly it says it is a Dilophosaurus!!!

I was going to mention that  :)) I have no idea how they came up with that. The hands are like T. rex, but I think it looks like an allosaurus mixed with a Carnotaurus
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.