News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Young Triceratops

Started by Allaurasorus, June 25, 2015, 12:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allaurasorus

Hello everyone,
I am new on the forum. Today I would like to post pictures of our prototype of a juvenile Triceratops wall mount.
A retooled version will be available soon !

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wow..that's pretty interesting. How old is the animal supposed to be?

Allaurasorus

I would like to think it is in the second part of its growing process, it's horn are still facing up, not down yet, and the spikes on its crest are still quite visible.

Allaurasorus

Hi everyone, here's a picture of the work in progress on the retool of the young triceratops.
I hope you like it.

DinoToyForum

Blade-of-the-Moon

Definitely looking better!

Allaurasorus

Thank you all, I also think it is improving. I'll keep posting pictures !

Arul

looking good  :) beautiful little beast :D

Allaurasorus

A quick update from the Triceratops  :)
The big lines are now defined on both sides, now working on the crest and soon getting on fine details.

Allaurasorus

Getting more and more textures.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Cool stuff!  That's a bit of work applying all those scales!

reinier zwanink

I believe it does
But the good part for him is that you clearly see the model improve with it and i am sure that motivates him to continue
I know that feeling all to well when you make something and it becomes everything you hope for

Allaurasorus

Hi everyone, after a bit more work, here it is ! The final sculpt of the young Triceratops.
It is a little bit bigger than the original, and much more improved ! I hope you like it.
Next step : Molding. The first pull should be out and painted by the end of the month to complete the first order !

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Allaurasorus

Hi everyone,
After a busy month, here it is : the first resin cast of our young Triceratops.
I will get on the paint tomorrow !

Kayakasaurus

That's awesome! Having a cast come out successfully is always satisfying. Exactly how big is it? Did you make mold out of silicone? If so which kind?
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Allaurasorus

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 26, 2015, 07:19:08 AM
That's awesome! Having a cast come out successfully is always satisfying. Exactly how big is it? Did you make mold out of silicone? If so which kind?

Thanks !! It is approximately 40 cm x 40 cm. The mold was made out of platinum silicone, quite thick as it is a big piece, with a hard shell to keep the shape.

Allaurasorus

And here is the finished product. The colours have been chosen by the customer. It was a tricky choice, but I think it works out quite well in the end.
I am looking forward to the next order, to experiment new colours and paterns !

Blade-of-the-Moon

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.