News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Field Museum pics

Started by omgmarclol, July 09, 2015, 05:16:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 21, 2015, 03:10:28 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2015, 10:55:51 PM
The one that was in the main hall is the one that went to the airport.

How did I miss "that" at the airport? Maybe we flew into Midway.

Well, as noted, it's in the United Airlines terminal. Unless you were flying United, it'd be very easy to miss.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Halichoeres

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 21, 2015, 03:10:28 PM

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 20, 2015, 10:55:51 PM
A metal cast went outside and during the hockey playoffs it wears a giant custom Jonathan Toews jersey.

I wonder what Captain Serious thinks of that? Probably gets a kick out of it! Kudos to museum management for having civic pride!

Ha ha, I'm sure it makes him scowl less than normal.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Doug Watson

Quote from: suspsy on July 21, 2015, 04:31:18 PM
Well, as noted, it's in the United Airlines terminal. Unless you were flying United, it'd be very easy to miss.

Well, I didn't notice the UA in your post. We did go through ORD but we flew AC so I guess that is why we missed it.

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 21, 2015, 04:57:58 PM
Ha ha, I'm sure it makes him scowl less than normal.

I looked up an image of the Brach with the Hawks jersey on, that is hilarious!

DTRobers

Thanks for all of these pics Halichoeres!  As I mentioned in my member intro your workplace was a sort of mecca for me in my gradeschool days.  Seeing so many of my old friends in updated venues and poses is kind of like attending a 50 year reunion!  I remember that when I heard that Sue would be set up at one end of the hall I thought it was a mistake not to situate her smack in the center.  I was so wrong.  She plain dominates that entry hall!
The gift shop visit was always a high point of a day at the Field Museum.  Back then I would stock up on Marx and MPC figures (the carded sets) and postcards and slides of Charles Knight's classic diorama scenes.  I even feel nostalgia for the weak Kool-Aid type drink that they served in the old museum cafeteria!

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks for all these great pics! I haven't been to the Field Museum for decades. It would be great to get back there again. Luckily, I have the AMNH right here in my neck of the woods. I was just there again last year, and their gift shop in the prehistoric wing still had a huge Safari selection, both Carnegie and WS, as well as some CollectAs. They also had some Kinto Favorite desktop models.

(Wow, Andrew! It's been five years already since you, Chris and I were at the AMNH? Time does fly!)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.