You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A repainted Safari Ltd. Apatosaurs with custom base

Started by earth108, July 05, 2015, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jooooo

DinoLord

earth108

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 07, 2015, 12:42:00 PM
Quote from: earth108 on July 07, 2015, 04:38:19 AM
Quote from: Doug Watson on July 06, 2015, 01:40:38 PM
Did you make your miniature plants or are they stock hobby shop items? If yes what brand?

The fern and tropical plants are from my local aquarium shop. There are no brands. The have too bright green shades so I painted them more darker tones to blend with overall base.

Great idea, probably cheaper than Hobby Shop stuff, good job.

Thank you Doug. Anyway, there are differences in quality of these plants ;sizes, colours, plastic quality, etc. That was really took time to picked what you really need.  :(

earth108

Quote from: Jonagold2000 on July 07, 2015, 02:20:15 PM
How did you make that base?

I used several mixed material ; a cardboard, styrene, plaster, Epoxy, for a landscape.
Added the surface with natural materials like woods, leaves, painted plants, etc by pva glue. 
Then spray the whole base with matt varnish to keep things together.  :)

earth108

Paleona

Beautiful paint job!  I love the hippo-like peachy tones you used and the speckles all over.  I'm sure your commissioner loved it.  :D

earth108

Quote from: Paleona on July 13, 2015, 02:15:28 PM
Beautiful paint job!  I love the hippo-like peachy tones you used and the speckles all over.  I'm sure your commissioner loved it.  :D

Thank you Paleona.  :))

Everything_Dinosaur

Polihierax

The Apatosaurus looks amazing, really lifelike. And I marvel at this base!

earth108

Quote from: Everything_Dinosaur on July 15, 2015, 05:16:27 PM
Most impressive.
Thank you very much :)

Quote from: Linda Polihierax on August 20, 2015, 07:12:43 AM
The Apatosaurus looks amazing, really lifelike. And I marvel at this base!
Thank you very much Linda ^-^