You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

A repainted Safari Ltd. Apatosaurs with custom base

Started by earth108, July 05, 2015, 08:41:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hi guys,

It's quite a long time since my last work of raptors diorama but here is my new work. :)
This is a repainted Apatosaurus figure from Safari Ltd. It's a commissioned work. I also fit him on a custom base.

I used acrylic paints with paintbrushes. I tried using an airbrush but it didn't come out well so I undercoated him again and started over with paintbrushes. :P

I was tried to capture the theme colour and texture of elephant and hippopotamus.

Honestly, this figure is a fun factor to paint. It has lots of details and great posture. I was enjoyed painting him.

earth108

docronnie

Keep The Magic Alive and Kicking! :-)

tyrantqueen

earth108

Arul

Beautiful so talented, first i thought it was martin garrat project  :o

Kayakasaurus

Wow that is amazing, great painting and photography! I love when good toys are given an amazing paint job and they look like models. So you do commissions? Do you have a website or Deviantart page?
Protocasts Dinosaur Models http://youtube.com/c/kayakasaurus

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Bokisaurus

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Doug Watson

Very nice work, looks very natural, I hope you were well compensated.

Georassic

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

earth108

Thank you so much for your comments everyone.

Quote from: ARUL on July 05, 2015, 03:41:29 PM
Beautiful so talented, first i thought it was martin garrat project  :o

Martin Garett is a true artist. His works inspired me for years.  :)

Quote from: Kayakasaurus on July 05, 2015, 05:16:48 PM
Wow that is amazing, great painting and photography! I love when good toys are given an amazing paint job and they look like models. So you do commissions? Do you have a website or Deviantart page?

Mostly, I'm a painter on miniature wargames. Anyway, dinosaur captured my mind since I was a kid. :)) My gallery is here http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Tigershark Infinite. I had Deviantart account for 4 years but didn't update anything unti now. :P Looking forward to focus on dino projects in Deviantart.

earth108

Tried to get some angles to photograph the base.

Top view of the base.

earth108

Arul

The composition for diorama base is very very nice...

Doug Watson

Did you make your miniature plants or are they stock hobby shop items? If yes what brand?

earth108

Quote from: ARUL on July 06, 2015, 12:30:38 PM
The composition for diorama base is very very nice...

Thank you ARUL. :)

Quote from: Doug Watson on July 06, 2015, 01:40:38 PM
Did you make your miniature plants or are they stock hobby shop items? If yes what brand?

The fern and tropical plants are from my local aquarium shop. There are no brands. The have too bright green shades so I painted them more darker tones to blend with overall base.

Doug Watson

Quote from: earth108 on July 07, 2015, 04:38:19 AM
Quote from: Doug Watson on July 06, 2015, 01:40:38 PM

The fern and tropical plants are from my local aquarium shop. There are no brands. The have too bright green shades so I painted them more darker tones to blend with overall base.

Great idea, probably cheaper than Hobby Shop stuff, good job.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: