News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinowaurs

Started by bigbear, July 07, 2014, 12:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbear

Hi!

Has anybody got a full set of these? I know of 36 models, are there more? What's your opinion of them?

Thanks for reading.

JP Bigbear

stargatedalek

this advert only mentions 36
I've never known of them before now so I can't be sure there isn't another line

SBell

It was just the one series off 36, and didn't exactly take the world by storm. I have a few--the Keratocephalus is a must have--but otherwise they didn't distinguish well from the other dinosaur-blind-bag sets like Predators (who managed a couple of series before slipping into nonsense) and DinoFroz.

The unifying factor in all of these is that the accompanying artwork was far better than the figures produced, but there were always a few worth getting.

That said, Dinowaurs probably had the most unique card system--they were transparent plastic, and to 'battle' you only had to sit one on top of the other. It looked neat.

CityRaptor

I had a few of them. But I only kept the Keratocephalus ( like Gwangi said, a must have ) while selling off the rest with the majority of my blindbag Dinosaurs.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SBell

Quote from: CityRaptor on July 07, 2014, 06:45:19 AM
I had a few of them. But I only kept the Keratocephalus ( like Gwangi said, a must have ) while selling off the rest with the majority of my blindbag Dinosaurs.
How did you mistake me for Gwangi!? :-\

CityRaptor

Ooops, my bad. I was  reading some threads where Gwangi posted before posting here. Guess I still had Gwangi on my mind. Sorry.
Oh no

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

amargasaurus cazaui

I have a few of the....yes, psittacosaurus..it has quills!!!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomike

Any pics of these critters?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

yes mike, there was already a thread for these going but had sit for a long time not being used..if I can find it
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Dinomike

Thanks Amargasaurus cazaui! I googled - some of them look pretty good really!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

I did post in the other thread to bring it into the current postings listing , so you could see them all....just check under dinosaur lines, for Dinowaurs Survival ...

DC

You can never have too many dinosaurs

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

bigbear

Still turning up on Ebay UK, along with a load of other little blind-bag goodies.I now have most of them, but have no idea how to display them as they are so small when compared with 'standard' sized models!

CityRaptor

The same solution as with other lines of similar sized beings: A type case!
I use them for small figures like Kaiyodos, Dinosaur King, JP Diecasts and also my Godzilla Sakai Dioramas. Something like these:

Oh no

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.