News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Groovy Tubes Arthropleura

Started by Wellnhoferia, August 25, 2015, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellnhoferia

Does anybody have a groovy tubes arthropleura that they are trading or know where I could get one from?

Could I get it from here?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Groovy-Tube-Books-Collectible-Figurines/dp/1584769416

Halichoeres

I would email the seller. I would be surprised if one priced at less than 2 pounds came with the figures, but maybe! If so, it's a good deal.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 25, 2015, 03:02:18 PM
I would email the seller. I would be surprised if one priced at less than 2 pounds came with the figures, but maybe! If so, it's a good deal.

Agreed--every single one talks about the state of the book, but not one mentions the models.

Which are, overall, okay. Not Safari or Kaiyodo quality, but decent.

Halichoeres

I saw a gallery of the figures included in that tube once (SBell, might have been yours), but now I can't seem to find it. It was mostly relatively recent stuff, right?
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

SBell

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 26, 2015, 02:11:24 PM
I saw a gallery of the figures included in that tube once (SBell, might have been yours), but now I can't seem to find it. It was mostly relatively recent stuff, right?

They're kind of all over the place, from Cambrian Opabinia to near-modern Colobus monkey (that may not actually be extinct, if I'm remembering correctly):

Animal name
ARCHAEOPTERYX
DODO
ALLOSAURUS
QUAGGA
THYLACINE
WOOLLY MAMMOTH
SMILODON
MISS WALDRON'S COLOBUS MONKEY
STELLER'S SEA COW
PTERANODON
AMMONITE, IMPERIAL
ARCHELON
BRACHAUCHENIUS
OPABINIA
ARTHROPLEURA

They are no Kaiyodo models. Or even Play Visions or Safari. But they're okay.

terrorchicken

I have this set, if youre into recently extinct animals like me, its a must have for the figures.
I wish Safari would do a similar themed toob...

Halichoeres

Quote from: SBell on August 27, 2015, 05:05:26 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 26, 2015, 02:11:24 PM

They're kind of all over the place, from Cambrian Opabinia to near-modern Colobus monkey (that may not actually be extinct, if I'm remembering correctly):

Animal name
ARCHAEOPTERYX
DODO
ALLOSAURUS
QUAGGA
THYLACINE
WOOLLY MAMMOTH
SMILODON
STELLER'S SEA COW
PTERANODON
AMMONITE, IMPERIAL
ARCHELON
BRACHAUCHENIUS
OPABINIA
ARTHROPLEURA

They are no Kaiyodo models. Or even Play Visions or Safari. But they're okay.

Brachauchenius! That's really tapping the well of obscure pliosaurs--candidate for the Unique Species list?

profnik

:D  oh  I remember i  have groovy tube book gone extinct with 15 figure is
ARCHAEOPTERYX
DODO
ALLOSAURUS
QUAGGA
THYLACINE
WOOLLY MAMMOTH
SMILODON
STELLER'S SEA COW
PTERANODON
AMMONITE
ARCHELON
BRACHAUCHENIUS
OPABINIA
ARTHROPLEURA

But I wish Safari Ltd should work for Extinct Species toobs or Extinct Super Toobs -12 figure including:
Thylacine or Tasmanian tiger (1936)
Dodo bird (1781)
Woolly mammoth (30,000 years ago)
Passenger pigeon (1914)
Baiji dolphin (2003)
Golden toad (1989)
Steller's seacow (1768)
Great auk (1844)
Quagga (1883)
Aurcohs (1627)
Giant moa (1500)
Irish elk (8,000 years ago)

Roselaar

Quote from: Halichoeres on August 27, 2015, 08:19:38 PM

Brachauchenius! That's really tapping the well of obscure pliosaurs--candidate for the Unique Species list?

It was on the list, actually. But believe it or not, a second Brachaugenius kicked it off. Can't remember what other company did it. I think it's in the thread somehwere.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Roselaar on September 03, 2015, 09:50:52 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on August 27, 2015, 08:19:38 PM

It was on the list, actually. But believe it or not, a second Brachaugenius kicked it off. Can't remember what other company did it. I think it's in the thread somehwere.

Well, I'll be damned!

Wellnhoferia

SBell

Quote from: Wellnhoferia on September 03, 2015, 10:34:14 PM
Was it the max salas brauchenius?

It migh thave been part of the diorama kits based on Zallinger or Knight or someone like that as well.

Roselaar

Quote from: Wellnhoferia on September 03, 2015, 10:34:14 PM
Was it the max salas brauchenius?

I think it was. Too lazy to check the thread, sorry. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.