News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Carnegie Museum of Natural History

Started by Viking Spawn, September 11, 2015, 10:51:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

Viking Spawn

The full gallery of over 700 photos can be viewed below here....  I hope you enjoyed them all.  Its truly an amazing place if you happen to be traveling in the Pittsburgh area.  There was also so much more I didn't photograph too!   ;)

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/CARNEGIEMUSEUMOFNATURALHISTORY?authkey=Gv1sRgCIX-1Z-Y2IWJfQ#

Dinomike

Great photos - thanks for sharing! I feel like I just visited the museum! The Diplodocus reconstruction outside the museum looks a lot like the toy counterpart. I wonder if Forrest Rogers was in the team of sculptors?
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Arul

Oh my God what a beautiful place...thank you for sharing the photos  :)

Dilopho

My only complaint about this place is that the Dinosaur hall is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the world, but the prehistoric Mammal hall is kind of boring. The dinosaurs get plants, displays, statues....they posed in battles, hunting, climbing trees....but the mammals are just standing there on grey rocks in front of grey walls.

Viking Spawn

I happy you all like the photos!  It is indeed a beautiful place and as I mentioned elsewhere, it is by far my favorite museum so far!

As for what Dilopho stated, I think he's right and the museum definitely concentrates on dinosaurs being its star attraction!  I'm okay with that since dinos are the reason I travel to these locations.  But it still would have been nice to see their prehistoric mammal room set up with a similar feel.   

Viking Spawn

Oh and I forgot to mention about their gift shop.   One could easily go broke even if you have plenty of expendable currency!   There was so much cool stuff on display.  My favorites were the Favorite Collection life models and skeletons!  I was drooling over those!   

And of course, they had plenty of their very own Carnegie dinosaur figurines for sale too!   ;)

laticauda

Wow Great photos.  I felt like I was just in the museum.  As a kid, I thought every fossil was real, I was surprised when I got older that many of the skeletons in the museums that I saw were casts.  I loved that you added some photos to show what is real and what is cast. 

Viking Spawn

Glad you enjoyed them laticauda!  I was trying to be thorough with my photo tour.  I want to do the same when I visit the Field Museum in Chicago this fall too.  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.