News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Elephant Bird Model?

Started by Wellnhoferia, September 17, 2015, 10:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wellnhoferia

Does anybody know if any elephant bird models have been made, if any at all?

Gwangi

terrorchicken

there are 2 Kaiyodo sized models Ive seen on eBay. I wish some company would make a bigger model.

suspsy

Elephant birds, moas, and terror birds haven't received anywhere near enough plastic love.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Roselaar

Didn't Yowies also make one of these or at least a close relative with their Dromornis, Pachyornis or Moa figures?

Halichoeres

Moas are probably the closest relatives of moas/kiwis, but it would be cool to see more proper elephant birtds. In general the megafauna of ancient Madagascar is neglected. Some of the lemurs and aardvark-like things were plenty weird.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

Quote from: Roselaar on September 18, 2015, 11:14:42 PM
Didn't Yowies also make one of these or at least a close relative with their Dromornis, Pachyornis or Moa figures?

yep I got the dromormis from Halichoeres. :)
if someone makes a larger moa they must also make a Haast's eagle to go with it.  ;D

Roselaar

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 19, 2015, 09:01:36 PM

if someone makes a larger moa they must also make a Haast's eagle to go with it.  ;D

Well, Yowies already did that in miniature at least. :)

Halichoeres

They certainly did! http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Yowies_Lost_Kingdom_47_New_Zealand_Giant_Eagle
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.