News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prices for old Battat dinosaurs

Started by johnnykaje, October 10, 2015, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykaje

Hey all,

I've become strapped for cash and thought of selling some of my old Battat figures on eBay. The last price guide I saw was before the Target line was announced. Does anyone know, or guess, how the price of the Boston Museum line has been affected by this?

Georassic

My personal opinion, as someone who watches their general prices on ebay, actual sale prices there took a hit with the Terra release. I say 'actual' because a whole lot of sellers kept their prices at the higher level. It seemed like those figures stayed/stay on the market longer, but actual sale prices dropped maybe 25-50 percent, by my guess. Example: Diplodocus used to sell BIN fast at $200, then post-Terra sat unsold at $150.

Sadly, however, I expect values will rise again with the passing of Dan LoRusso.

DinoLord

The most I've paid for an original Battat is $80 for an MIB Carnotaurus; I have all except for the Diplodocus (if you have that one hit me up). The market prices have definitely fallen since the Terra releases.

Paleogene Pals

I agree with Geo. Artwork usually increases in value with the passing of the artist. I can see this happening with Battats too.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Georassic on October 10, 2015, 04:17:27 AM
Example: Diplodocus used to sell BIN fast at $200, then post-Terra sat unsold at $150.
I've seen dippies go unsold for a starting bid of $99.
At this point, I wouldn't pay more than $40 at the very most due to the re-releases, but that's just me.

EDIT: And then I saw this:
A pachy which went for only ten bucks after a few bids.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battat-Pachycephalosaurus-Dinosaur-Museum-of-Science-/171897822264?hash=item2805e89c38&nma=true&si=XLYOfvg3VThVvjLetquJ7t5qoNk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 10, 2015, 04:07:15 PM
Example: Diplodocus used to sell BIN fast at $200, then post-Terra sat unsold at $150.
At this point, I wouldn't pay more than $40 at the very most due to the re-releases, but that's just me.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battat-Pachycephalosaurus-Dinosaur-Museum-of-Science-/171897822264?hash=item2805e89c38&nma=true&si=XLYOfvg3VThVvjLetquJ7t5qoNk%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That Pachycephalosaurus is currently in my hands XD wanna see it? It's very cute!

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on October 11, 2015, 01:06:01 AM
Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on October 10, 2015, 04:07:15 PM

That Pachycephalosaurus is currently in my hands XD wanna see it? It's very cute!
I should have figured it went to a forum member.  ^-^ They are nice but I think I prefer the repaint for this one.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

johnnykaje

In hindsight I probably should have consulted this forum before I put anything on eBay. I guess I best wait a while before putting anything else up.

Ah well, worst case scenario is I have an excuse to keep beloved figures from my childhood. :)

(I should probably include the link to the one I did post, in case anyone is interested.)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Battat-Boston-Museum-of-Science-Acrocanthosaurus-/321887216934?hash=item4af1f92526

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.