You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Discovery Museum

Started by Viking Spawn, November 30, 2015, 11:27:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrantqueen

Quote from: stargatedalek on December 01, 2015, 02:21:12 AM
Quote from: Viking Spawn on December 01, 2015, 01:17:02 AM

He-he, a photo-edited feathered Primal Carnage Tyrannosaurus! :P

That photo edit was created by Arioch aka durbed.

The hadrosaur (Edmontosaurus?) is by Julio Lacerda.

laticauda

Wow, sensory overload, all grouped together like that.  In a way it looks cool, with all the overlap, looking through the skeletons.  Dilophosaurus is proving to be a very popular outdoor statue. 

Viking Spawn

Quote from: EarthboundEiniosaurus on December 01, 2015, 02:07:22 AM
Wow, I never knew this place existed, looks awesome! Any figures in the gift shop, or was it all books and lollipops? I might just have to take a trip out there next time i'm in the area...

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus

There were plenty of figures in the shop actually.  However, they were all marked up too high when I can find them much cheaper online.  The same goes for the Field Museum stores as well.

They had Papos, Schleichs, CollectA, & Safari if I recall correctly.  I only priced the Papos.

I was actually disappointed in their store.  I was hoping to find something interesting with their logo on it like a T-Shirt, etc.  But the only things I found promoting them were postcards, candy, and magnets.   They also had a CD with images of their museum for sale which I didn't buy or need for obvious reasons.

Viking Spawn

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 01, 2015, 02:30:04 AM
This place is less than two hours from me on the train, but I've never been. Is it really all theropods, or is that just all you took pictures of?

Its a cool place to visit but very small.   Kenosha's larger museum is 10 minutes away, however, this was the place to visit for dinosaurs.

As for Theropods, that is their main focus and the link between dinosaurs and birds.  I took photos of everything they had which is all concentrated in their main showroom.  It is also suppose to have the largest concentration of Theropods in the U.S. 

Its a fun place to visit if your are traveling in the area and have 30-45 minutes of free time to drop by.  I was there for about 90 minutes just taking it all in.  Its a crowded display but a neat one!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.