News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Feathered Ornithomimus Fossil

Started by suspsy, October 28, 2015, 05:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

PaleoMatt

I'm hoping that collecta is on they way to making one :D

MLMjp

OH YES!
Love this kind of discoveries  :D :D

Patrx

Marvelous! I recall reading back in 2012 (I think) when the first ornithomimid feathers were found that more similar discoveries were expected to follow because we've learned more about what to look for.

Loxodon

Glad to see this published. Chris Masna did a piece of concept art for Saurian based on this paper:

Gwangi

Wonderful news, thanks for the link!

laticauda

That was interesting.  Each new discovery puts a smile on my face. 

suspsy

I continue to hope for preserved feathers on a fossil of T. rex or any other North American tyrannosaur.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

allosaurusrock

The baby is sooo adorable! And yes, we also really need to find a T. Rex with feathers, mainly so I can shove it in any Jurassic Park fanboys/girls and see the looks on their faces.
This is my signature.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I hate there are never images of the actual specimens on these reports. :/

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2015, 06:47:28 PM

I really agree, though admittedly fossils like these most times don't look very impressive to the untrained eye, especially when only partly preparated, so a well done life reconstruction like the shown is probably more appealing for the public.

I find it even more a pity, that a lot of such fossils don't find their ways into a museum due to costs of preparation/casting and (suspected) lacking attractivity to the visitor.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on December 23, 2015, 09:38:50 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on December 23, 2015, 06:47:28 PM

I really agree, though admittedly fossils like these most times don't look very impressive to the untrained eye, especially when only partly preparated, so a well done life reconstruction like the shown is probably more appealing for the public.

I find it even more a pity, that a lot of such fossils don't find their ways into a museum due to costs of preparation/casting and (suspected) lacking attractivity to the visitor.

They could highlight or draw over such a specimen, i guess your right though.

Dinoguy2

The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

amargasaurus cazaui

Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

sauroid

very cool discovery/news indeed.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

gfxtwin

It's kinda awesome how you can look at an ostrich or emu in person at a zoo and are basically looking at roughly 70% of an actual dinosaur.

allosaurusrock

Quote from: gfxtwin on December 27, 2015, 12:52:09 PM
It's kinda awesome how you can look at an ostrich or emu in person at a zoo and are basically looking at roughly 70% of an actual dinosaur.

Not 70%. I say 100%!
This is my signature.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.