News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Mark of the Conifer book : Kickstarter Sept 1st!

Started by Droemar, August 02, 2016, 05:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Droemar

Hey, guys, I've been working on an illustrated dinosaur novel for a long while. It's going up on Kickstarer in a month, but if you'd like to check out the art it's got it's own Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/markoftheconifer/#

It's got a fantasy bent to it, but I really tried for scientific accuracy in the species and artwork. It's set in the Early Cretaceous, Barremian period, and has a few shoutouts to Raptor Red.

Hatched beneath a solar eclipse, the young raptor warrior Sunstrike enters the world in the shadow of Sol— the goddess of the dinosaurs. Sunstrike is devoted to Sol's holy law and takes pride in keeping the Pact, the sacrificial regard between hunters and hunted.

But the balance of nature is destroyed, and darkness spreads over the land in the shadow of the Empress Charr, a vicious tyrant bent on ruling the North American Cretaceous. Her conquering regime carries a strange and terrifying magic: the knowledge of fire.

His faith in Sol shattered, Sunstrike sets out on an extraordinary quest for justice. When he becomes the protector of the last free herd, he faces challenges to his honor, his courage, and the lives of his friends that will reveal a terrifying destiny.

Sunstrike must face the Empress, even as his dreams foretell that to fail will mean the end of the world — and to win will mean the ultimate sacrifice.

Hoping to generate some interest here!

Derek.McManus

I wish you every success with your project. However I must admit that something about your prose jars with me, then again I'm probably not your target audience! Stephen Baxter's novel Evolution had a section in it that told the story of a species of Allosaur which used leather tools such as whips and fire to herd huge herds of sauropods around if I remember correctly they had a spoken but not written form of language too, and he cleverly gave reasons for why they died out without leaving evidence of their abilities. Otherwise your idea reminds me strongly of the Flesh comic strips from 2000ad or the Bloodfang story from the Eagle comic when a dinosaur defends it's environment from intruders in one form or another.

DinoLord

Looks like a neat project. I look forward to seeing more of your illustrations!

Droemar

Hey, I got a lot of views! Hope it translated to some likes, heh.

If anyone would like to spread the word on their Facebook or social media, that'd be great!

Derek.McManus

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.