News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

F

carnegie giganotosaurus ?

Started by fason, September 23, 2016, 10:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fason

after the announcement of the safari giga , I decided to see if I could grab a Carnegie one real cheap and fast but im only seeing the rare 60 dollar one , has it been retired? :'(

fason

and it cant be the currency ,as the pnso huanghetitan  is the same price ? :(

Lanthanotus

Well, the whole Carnegie line has been retired, though some figures are still widely available, at least here in Europe via European online shops. Where are you located, Urzeit-Shop for example offers it for just 14 Euro?

fason

in the Caribbean, but ill try , even if shipping is a pain

fason

anywhere to find a translator though ?

Lanthanotus

Well, there's a very cheap method to ship via the German Post, it's called "Warensendung". A "Großbrief" for example may weigh up to 500 g and just costs 3,70 € worldwide. Usually shops do not ship other than magazines or such via this method as it is uninsured and provides no tracking number, however, I only once had a "loss" via this method and that was replaced by the shop (national shipment). Urzeitshop does not usually ship via that method, but it may not hurt to ask them. Thinking about it, even with international shipping, it should be much cheaper than 60 bucks (2 kg package via dhl should be like 14 €), but there may be additional customs fee.

fason

fason

seems everything dinos out of stock sadly , ill try the other one

fason

fason

everything dino went out of stock  FAST  so after trying for a week to get the other site to work and failing, I have given up and decided to settle for the new one :'(

fason

if anyone finds one out of pure luck ,  please tell me but other than that , I will say goodbye to a good figure  that I didn't even have  :P

Keaton64

At least the new one will stay standing over time (hopefully it won't bend over - looking at you, collecta ichthyovenator).  The giganotosaurus I got last year has had its left leg warp just from sitting on a shelf at room temperature.  It now falls over to the left at the slightest push despite being a tripod.  It warped so badly that at one point it could stand horizontally with its tail off the ground.  Normally people had to do the hot water treatment on it to get it to do that. 

Unfortunately, one day of standing in that position caused its leg to warp even further, and now it will fall forward if you try to stand it up that way.  I hate it, it is one of my favorite figures.  If anyone else has one, please let me know if you are experiencing the same issue.

fason

that sucks man , hopefully you can get a fix . I might just repaint the ws to look like the Carnegie if not fully customize it :)

fason

alright ill try , although the layout seems abit weird . :)

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: fason on October 05, 2016, 02:46:04 PM
alright ill try , although the layout seems abit weird . :)

DeJankins is a great seller. Don't worry...
:D

Halichoeres

Quote from: Keaton64 on October 05, 2016, 04:44:06 AM
At least the new one will stay standing over time (hopefully it won't bend over - looking at you, collecta ichthyovenator).  The giganotosaurus I got last year has had its left leg warp just from sitting on a shelf at room temperature.  It now falls over to the left at the slightest push despite being a tripod.  It warped so badly that at one point it could stand horizontally with its tail off the ground.  Normally people had to do the hot water treatment on it to get it to do that. 

Unfortunately, one day of standing in that position caused its leg to warp even further, and now it will fall forward if you try to stand it up that way.  I hate it, it is one of my favorite figures.  If anyone else has one, please let me know if you are experiencing the same issue.

Mine is a tenuous biped with its tail just slightly off the ground. Left to its own devices, it will either tip forward or rest on its tail. What I do is position it so that the tip of its tail is beneath that of a quadruped, which keeps it on two feet without making its legs work too hard.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

pylraster

Same here. My Carnegie Giga has its days. Sometimes it will fall over, sometimes it will balance on its two feet. It's a nice figure but I'm not a fan of the way it keeps tipping over. And given how rigid the figure is, a fall could break off one of its fingers or more.  Seen quite a few of these Gigas missing some digits. Thankfully mine's always leaning on another figure.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: