News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Elephant Bird toy figure

Started by Sinornis, June 21, 2016, 09:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinornis

Hi,

This is my first time posting to the Dinosaur Toy Forum, what an excellent source of information!!
I was wondering if there are any Elephant Bird toy figures out there currently for sale? I saw one on the web made of resin that was produced in Japan. Is that the only one out there??
I'm also looking for the Phorushacos X-Plus toy figure.
Thank You!

http://avianmusing.blogspot.com/

Bucklander

Send member Brettnj a PM. He got me one (X Plus Phorusrhachus) from YAJ (Yahoo Japan) a little while back and I've seen an elephant bird figure on there quite frequently. Good luck.

brettnj

I was eavesdropping...

So far my source found only this but saved both searches.

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c549710857

Brett

Sinornis

Thank you guys for the information! I will look into both of those sources.
The Chinese site with the Phorushacos is one I have never seen before! Nice figure!

Bucklander

That Starlux figure is gorgeous, but massively overpriced. YAJ is great for Asian figures but European figures are well overprised. I picked my Starlux Phorusrhachus from ebay from a French seller (Starlux is French so the cheapest place to get them is France) for like a quarter of this price. I strongly advise you to look on ebay for Starlux figures - so much cheaper.

brettnj

I wasn't suggesting he/you buy it, just letting him know I was on it in case he was thinking of contacting me...

But thanks for letting him know about me and the price issue there.

Bucklander

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I certainly wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting Sinornis (or anyone else) buy it. But if he/she/you were unaware of it being overpriced, that may have happened anyway. Before I started buying stuff through you, I bought very many (Asian - Kaiyodo, Kabaya, Colorata, Sega etc.) figures on ebay, that, had I bought them through you, I'd have paid a tiny fraction of the price for. Many hundreds of dollars, I could have saved. Since buying through you, I've been able to amass an awesome collection at low prices.

However, when it comes to YAJ (and of course there are exceptions) European figures are usually much more expensive than on ebay. The best place to buy German figures (Bullyland, Schleich) is, I believe German ebay. The best place to get French figures (Starlux) is French ebay and the best place to get British figures is ebayUK.

But for anything Asian, without a doubt, you are the man to go to and I happily and confidently recommend you to any one I ever come across looking for anything Asian.  ;D

SBell

Quote from: Bucklander on June 22, 2016, 04:25:10 PM
Sorry, I should have been clearer. I certainly wasn't suggesting that you were suggesting Sinornis (or anyone else) buy it. But if he/she/you were unaware of it being overpriced, that may have happened anyway. Before I started buying stuff through you, I bought very many (Asian - Kaiyodo, Kabaya, Colorata, Sega etc.) figures on ebay, that, had I bought them through you, I'd have paid a tiny fraction of the price for. Many hundreds of dollars, I could have saved. Since buying through you, I've been able to amass an awesome collection at low prices.

However, when it comes to YAJ (and of course there are exceptions) European figures are usually much more expensive than on ebay. The best place to buy German figures (Bullyland, Schleich) is, I believe German ebay. The best place to get French figures (Starlux) is French ebay and the best place to get British figures is ebayUK.

But for anything Asian, without a doubt, you are the man to go to and I happily and confidently recommend you to any one I ever come across looking for anything Asian.  ;D

I would tend to agree re: European figures. I have a fair number of Starlux figures, and even with postage, they can be much, much less expensive.

Unless you want a more rare one, like the brachiopod or armored fishes...even the French sellers charge a lot for those (and get it!)

BlueKrono

I know some of my ratites were marketed as elephant birds, but I can't remember which were those and which were moas.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

BrontoScorpio

Well, I could agree with everything here.
As for helping our new DTF member - The best way is to offer him a link .
so, Follow this - and good luck - you will find there at least 10 such figures :
http://www.ebay.fr/sch/i.html?_dmd=2&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=dinosaure+Starlux+PREHISTOIRE&_ipg=192&rt=nc

Libraraptor

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=87.300

If you scroll a little you can see a big bird of which we still donĀ“t really know the species. What do you think? Could it be an Elephant Bird?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.