News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinosaur Coins

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, April 13, 2012, 06:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

Lots of Dino-relatd coins out there..let me start with these new Canadian quarters : http://www.vancouversun.com/technology/quarter+features+glow+dark+Alberta+dinosaur/6429029/story.html

They feature a dinosaur and they have glow in the dark skeletons on them !

Buy : http://www.mint.ca/store/coin/dinosaur-25cent-coloured-glowinthedark-coin-2012-prod1290004

EmperorDinobot

I saw this on the news, and Oh my Gosh I want one!!! I love it! it's so adorable! Pachyrhinosaurus are the most adorable dinosaurs in my opinion...

This is P. lakustai no? This is such a cool coin, I wonder where I can get one.

I have a friend who goes to Kamloops BC every year (my ex actually). I'll tell him to bring back some for me.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Predictably, I'm thrilled about this!  :)
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

paleoferroequine

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on April 13, 2012, 10:29:30 AM
I saw this on the news, and Oh my Gosh I want one!!! I love it! it's so adorable! Pachyrhinosaurus are the most adorable dinosaurs in my opinion...

This is P. lakustai no? This is such a cool coin, I wonder where I can get one.

I have a friend who goes to Kamloops BC every year (my ex actually). I'll tell him to bring back some for me.
Only 25,000 will be made. :-[ Better be quick!

Himmapaan

So who would be willing to secure one for me, then?  :))

Blade-of-the-Moon

stemturtle

Tiktaalik 2014 Canadian 25-cent coin.

These coins are priced for collectors, and not intended to circulate as legal tender.
This is the fourth in a series of glow-in-the-dark prehistoric creatures.

Diameter = 1 3/8 inches or 35 mm. Compared to U.S. quarter for size.

Buy directly from the Canadian mint.

Also offered by dealers on eBay.

Mural at New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science (Click image)

SBell

How is this thread not mentioning the Quetzalcoatlus and Tylosaurus, also GITD, also from the same series, also from the same artist (Juliius Csotonyi)? I don't have the Pachyrhinosaurus, but I have the others.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I had to dig through some strata to find this thread but I thought it is worth reviving to show off some coins.
Most of mine are elongated coins. I don't actively collect coins but I typically get any EC's I really like.

Carnegie Museum of Natural History- 2012

Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History- 2013

This one is a Canadian twenty dollar coin, art by Julius Csotonyi:

Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

The Atroxious

Do these count?

I know, I know, bird coins are a dime a dozen (pun intended) and thus maybe shouldn't count as part of this thread, but to this day, I'm still in awe that accipitrid vultures have been used on coins. It doesn't get much better than this in my opinion.