News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Small Sauropods

Started by radman, January 04, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radman

Recently got the 1:35 Europasaurus (brachiosaurid, 6m) and it is remarkably small!  While still the size of a decent elephant in real life, this guy, along with Lirainosaurus (titanosaurid, 10m), are among the smallest species available as models.  Also shown, Shunosaurus (cetiosaurid, 9-10m), Amargasaurus (dicaraeosaurid, 10m), Saltasaurus (titanosaurid, 12m) and Nigersaurus (rebbachisaurid, 9m).

What other little guys are out there? ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

Those all look like species that would work well in 1:1 .. :)

Bokisaurus

Very nice collection of little giants  ;D Not sure what else is out there of these guys, you may already have all of the smaller species. How about collectA's Amphelosaurus, is that a smallish species?

radman

Quote from: Bokisaurus on January 04, 2014, 05:39:10 PM
Very nice collection of little giants  ;D Not sure what else is out there of these guys, you may already have all of the smaller species. How about collectA's Amphelosaurus, is that a smallish species?

Ampelosaurus is perhaps CollectA's finest sauropod model, the beast itself was about 15m.  Maybe I'll expand the subject to cover medium size sauros 10-20m,  Meanwhile I'm looking for my Schleich Salta and Procon Shuno to add.  I've also got an Amazonsaurus somewhere... as well as larger scale models of Amarga and Niger.

darth daniel

Nice lineup. Who made the Shunosaurus and what scale is it? Looks like it could be around 1/40...

Spinosaurus Aegyptiacus

Very interesting topic idea...
For myself, I like bigger sauropod models usually, but some of the small ones are great too.
"I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs."
-Peter Benchley

tyrantqueen

Quote from: darth daniel on January 04, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
Nice lineup. Who made the Shunosaurus and what scale is it? Looks like it could be around 1/40...
Looks like of Galileo Hernandez's resin model kits.

Bokisaurus

Okay, so there are two more that would qualify for the under 50 feet sauropods that I forgot  ;D
CollectA's early Rebbachisaurus @ 33 feet

Bullyland's Spinophorosaurus @ 45 feet ( just a couple of feet bigger than Amarga)

The others in my collection

And yes, that Shunu is indeed Galileo's earlier work. I have it,too, it's a nice model.

radman

Quote from: tyrantqueen on January 04, 2014, 09:04:59 PM
Quote from: darth daniel on January 04, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
Looks like of Galileo Hernandez's resin model kits.

Yes, these are by Galileo, possibly the first kits he ever offered for sale. These guys came in a herd of 6.  I was lucky enough to grab  one several years ago.  No longer available AFAIK, but you can always ask.  Here is a build-up by the one and only M. Garrat:

http://baryonyx-walkeri.deviantart.com/art/Dinosaur-Diorama-207891929

Scale is 1:40

radman

While the previous models were all 1:40 or 1:35, here are the big boys in 1:20 (left to right):

Amazonsaurus,   (Diplodocid, 10.5 m)
Adamantisaurus (Titanosaurid, 9.5m)
Baurutitan (Titanosaurid, 8.5 m)

I realize that some sources estimate the last two as much larger than 10m, my completely arbitrary cutoff point.  I am going by what the artist, Ademar de Nasciemento (big thanks again, to Ikesaurro and sbell for helping me acquire these), determined their sizes were, as I'm sure he put a lot more research into it than I did.  ^-^

Bokisaurus

A few more figures from GeoWorld
Amarga, Rebbachi, and Salta
[
]

BlueKrono

Since I collect Amargasaurus and Saltasaurus, both should qualify, no?

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Safari Shunosaurus

Bullyland Europasaurus (now discontinued, get it while you can!)
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I didn't know there was a separate thread for dwarf sauropods. They're quite interesting. Also thanks for the reminder about Europasaurus.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

frank08

Quote from: Halichoeres on December 09, 2018, 04:14:18 PM

Bullyland Europasaurus (now discontinued, get it while you can!)

avatar_Halichoeres @Halichoeres You said it well! I just got my Europasaurus from Dejinkin's Dinosaurs and only after I got it I realized that I got the last one! But I found it somewhere else. Here is the link. https://www.ebay.com/i/203015491186?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=203015491186&targetid=4580771607727094&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=395665090&mkgroupid=1234751768217321&rlsatarget=pla-4580771607727094&abcId=1129776&merchantid=51291&msclkid=adda982db2f31cc0381dc6c71f65fd55

Mine's coming in the mail soon. If you want one, then get it now!
"How many kinds of dinosaurs would it take to keep a giant carnivore (Tyrannosaurus) well fed? Just about all of them, Torosaurus meat is one of T. rex's personal favorites"- Ben Stiller Prehistoric Planet

And check my art here: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8741.msg259622#new

Here is my collection: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8763.msg260287#msg260287

And here are my favorite figures: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=8756.0

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.