You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Do you like movable jaws in dinosaurs and prehistoric animal toys?

Started by Shonisaurus, December 03, 2016, 12:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Atroxious

Maybe it's just me, but whether or not a figure has an articulated jaw makes next to no difference in whether or not I buy a figure. On the one hand, I appreciate that you can choose the posture, but on the other, there's the issue of seam lines and the possibility that the hinge will break, leaving your figure a bit wonky. Unless the jaw is attached in a particularly ugly way, which in my experience really only happens with low quality children's toys that I wouldn't buy anyway, the jaw is a non-issue.

John

In my case,it would not be a total deal-breaker if a model I was interested in had a movable jaw,but I would much prefer if models didn't. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Uncle Rex on December 05, 2016, 02:09:38 AM
I like figures with articulated jaws for the added variety they give to posing the animals. I agree that Papo executes this very well.

The figures of Papo independently of their paleoartísticas inacactitudes of many of its figures and of which they are very detailed dinosaurs. Their jaws articulated in the case of tyrannosaurus rex are very flimsy and can not be opened in a stable manner without being closed again only because they rub against other figures and I know from bitter experience.

They give a lot of themselves and that I'm a fan of Papo despite everything but the sad reality.

Megalosaurus

Hi.
I readed all of your opinions, thanks.
I like the articulated jaws because it give me more flexibility to display my models.
I agree that it wold be nice to have herbivores with articulated jaws.
Thank you.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.