You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

question about Spinosaurus "Saurozoic Collection" Finished Model by Krentz

Started by spinosaurus1, December 04, 2016, 06:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinosaurus1

this is my first time purchasing an item from dans dinosaurs. i ordered the Spinosaurus "Saurozoic Collection" Finished Model by Krentz  on December 1st. i come to realize that dans dinosaurs doesn't provide an estimated time of delivery and just have my order marked as awaiting fulfillment. i'm aware that the model would need to be placed together and painted by Martin Garratt who lives in the UK i believe. i was curious on how long does orders from dans dinosaurs normally take, and for anyone who has ordered the finished model of any of david krentz sculptures, how long did it take for you to get your purchase?

DinoLord

Might be a while since Martin has to build it up. He's actually pretty quick but does have a backlog so it could be several weeks or months.

Pachyrhinosaurus

I don't know about Krentz's models but I know that there's a shift in casters right now for some of the kits which might affect how long it takes. Otherwise I've had some kits take two or three months at the most.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

spinosaurus1

QuoteMight be a while since Martin has to build it up. He's actually pretty quick but does have a backlog so it could be several weeks or months.

is their any way to get in touch with him about your order? not that i'm rushing him, but i do like reinsurance about the process of him retrieving the model and having it being finished. that plus i do have some ideas about it's paint scheme that i was wondering he would be willing to incorporate.

DinoLord

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 04, 2016, 07:18:51 PM
QuoteMight be a while since Martin has to build it up. He's actually pretty quick but does have a backlog so it could be several weeks or months.

is their any way to get in touch with him about your order? not that i'm rushing him, but i do like reinsurance about the process of him retrieving the model and having it being finished. that plus i do have some ideas about it's paint scheme that i was wondering he would be willing to incorporate.

Martin is great about following customer requests for paint schemes. Dan should be able to put you in touch with Marilyn, his associate.

spinosaurus1

Quote from: DinoLord on December 04, 2016, 07:24:21 PM
Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 04, 2016, 07:18:51 PM

Martin is great about following customer requests for paint schemes. Dan should be able to put you in touch with Marilyn, his associate.

thats great to hear :). was wondering where i can get in contact with Dan. this is something i would really appreciate more information

DinoLord

His email is listed on his site. He also has a forum account though I'm not too sure how often he checks it these days.

ceratopsian

Quote from: DinoLord on December 04, 2016, 07:24:21 PM

And Marilyn is really good at communicating with their customers.

Everything_Dinosaur

We would have to echo the comment about Marilyn being really good at communicating with customers.  Both Martin and Marilyn have always responded rapidly to emails.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I can attest to both Dan and epic duo of Martin and Marilyn offer fantastic service. 

Martin does often have a backlog of pieces to do and it can take a matter of months, my longest wait was 4-6 months if i recall correctly but it was a far larger order.

RobinGoodfellow

I recently bought a kit from Dan's Dinosaurs (Gorgonops).
I ordered it on the end of July.
The caster took 4 months to prepare the kit for Dan's Dinosaurs.  :-[
Mr. Garratt took a couple of week to finish the model.
Now I'm waiting for it (it's  now in transit) in my mail (soon).
Marilyn sent me pictures of the finished figure before shipping.  8)
Marilyn & Martin have a great customer care service.  :D

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.