News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Stegosaurus Wild Safari question

Started by Josesaurus rex, January 07, 2017, 11:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josesaurus rex

Hello friends, I would like to raise a concern that I have some time ago about what species of Stegosaurus represents the figure of Wild Safari launched in 2008. And also, if anyone knows, what could have been based on the sculptor to represent it with 25 bony plates . I hope someone can help me to clear that doubt. Thank you.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Based on the plate shape, Stegosaurus stenops (notice the tops are more rounded while those of S. ungulatus are more pointed). Don't know why so many plates, perhaps the sculptor didn't know, as it's missing the gular armor as well. There shouldn't be more than nineteen.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Josesaurus rex

Thank you very much for your reply, my friend. Now I have a little more clear the panorama as it represents that figure. :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.