News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Chasmosaurus Mom-infant from Tamiya with custom base

Started by earth108, February 22, 2017, 06:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earth108

Hello guys!

It's been a while since my previous works. Tons of other things in life had me in these couple of years but here I can start my dinosaur models/toys painting line again.
This is a 1/35 plastic model kit diorama set from Tamiya. The models are nicely detailed. I chose to custom new base for them because I think the original base is quite over-sized to display only the chasmosaurus. Well, things might look great if it combined with other dioramas in the series but it'd be too big and taking lots of space to display all of them. I used a 120x92mm plastic base and it fitted well with the mom and her child.

I used more vibrant and lighter color for the mom and darker tone for the child. I think infant animals should have dull color than the adults to avoid attention of the hunters. Let's see the pics!

earth108

The child ^-^

and the base :)

Note that this work is for sale I'll put it in classifieds thread later.
Please feel free to leave comments! :)

pylraster

Now I'm thinking of picking this kit up too and doing my own colors. I like the way how you blend the flesh tones, similar to your allosaur custom before. And of course, that frill! Lovely patterns.

PumperKrickel

deleted

earth108

Thank you very much pylraster! ^-^

Make sure to grab the kit. It is still great in details til this date. :)

Thank you very much SuperiorSpider! ^-^

I feel the same way too about the eyes. I think the sculpts have a cartoonish eye shape since it was the first one of its series and 15+years old kit.
It looked just like human eyes when applied only black pupils so I added more retina layers inside. Still a great kit!
The triceratops which came out later in this series has round eyes though. :) 

Daspletotyrannus

Nice work.  I was thinking about getting the kit once.  But I figured I couldn't make the paint job look nice. Lol

ceratopsian

Very nicely done.  The patterning on their bodies is lovely.

Derek.McManus

Very nice work with lots of nice detail on both animals. That kit is an oldie but a goodie!

Killekor

Nice work!
The Chasmosaurs have also a very interesting color scheme.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Fenestra

Do you apply all those little dots by hand?  :o

Lovely paint job on both mom and calf. The frill really pops.
And the base really makes it a nice display all together.

earth108

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on February 22, 2017, 08:03:18 PM
Nice work.  I was thinking about getting the kit once.  But I figured I couldn't make the paint job look nice. Lol
Thank you very much Daspletotyrannus.
It is still a good idea to have this kit :)) Painting is always fun :)

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 22, 2017, 08:11:21 PM
Very nicely done.  The patterning on their bodies is lovely.
Thank you very much ceratopsian.

Quote from: Derek.McManus on February 22, 2017, 09:16:58 PM
Very nice work with lots of nice detail on both animals. That kit is an oldie but a goodie!
Thank you Derek.McManus
Exactly! This kit is an old goodie ;)

Quote from: Killekor on February 23, 2017, 11:59:41 AM
Nice work!
The Chasmosaurs have also a very interesting color scheme.

Killekor
Thank you very much Killekor.

Quote from: Fenestra on February 23, 2017, 07:53:02 PM
Do you apply all those little dots by hand?  :o

Lovely paint job on both mom and calf. The frill really pops.
And the base really makes it a nice display all together.

Thank you very much Fenestra.
Yes, all dots were applied by hands and I think the result was worth it :)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.