News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Riverleigh Fossil Centre, Mount Isa !!!image heavy!!!

Started by Lanthanotus, March 11, 2017, 01:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanthanotus

So, as you may have noticed from my other thread, the AAoD held its gates shut for us, but the Riversleigh Fossil Centre in Mount Isa was a fair substitute, in fact, if you once come through Mount Isa, visit the place. No dinosaurs there (well, except those modern avian dinos) and not a whole lot of bones anyway, but they have a very nice exhibition of reconstructions of prehistoric Australian fauna. You can also have a look and tour through their laboratory and chat with the paleontologists. Most of them are volunteers due to monetary limitations it seems, but the guy I talked to knew his stuff.

The fossil site the centre is dedicated to is located 300 km north of Mount Isa in Boodjamulla National Park, you can get there with a 4WD or with guided tours, however the park may be inaccessable for several weeks or even months during the summer (note, there seems to be another Riversleigh Fossil Site in Queensland, near Charlesville).

Riversleigh Fossil Centre is located in the Visistor's Centre of Mount Isa, entry fee is around 10 AU$, well worth it, also for kids.

Varanus priscus (former Megalania) welcomes visitors

Koala ancestor

Thylacine and Wombat ancestors

AAA goanna?

I think that one is actually a stuffed lacey, not a replica goanna

meat eating kangaroo, fallen into a cave on its escape from...

.... Thylacoleo

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

PumperKrickel

deleted

Lanthanotus

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on March 11, 2017, 07:07:43 PM

What´s that animal that looks like a mix between a giant sloth and a tapir? It´s adorable.

Can't recall for sure anymore, but I think it's a Palorchestes.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.