News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Favorite Carnegie Dinos (1988-2002)

Started by Pachyallosaurus, June 12, 2016, 02:07:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on April 22, 2017, 02:45:48 PM
Quote from: laticauda on April 22, 2017, 02:16:35 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on April 22, 2017, 01:33:12 PM
The old Carnegie Spinosaurus is probably my favorite dinosaur toy of all time, or at least the one I loved the most for the longest period of my life. The Brachiosaurus was a dream that took me many years to acquire. The Saltasaurus inspired me to collect osteoderm-bearing titanosaurs. The Elasmosaurus and Tylosaurus were probably my first aquatics, and I rather fancied the Pachycephalosaurs too. You had to get two, for obvious reasons.

The old Carnegie Spinosaurus is in interesting choice.  No doubt it has some charm to it.  Do you have the original brown or the repainted red, or both?  Toys from our childhood seem to matter the most to us.  That's why I love the Big Al and Dippy.

Both, and the Salvat knockoff. Got the black and red repaint at the Science Museum of MN gift shop. He became the brown's evil doppelgänger.

The spinosaurus and tylosaurus are two of my favorite figures as well. Also add the Carnegie ichtyosaurus with the ammonite, masterpiece.

Moodyraptor

These are some of the first dinos I had as a kid, and got me into collecting  :) I remember coverting those massive sauropods in the toy shops.  I was a real cryptozoology nut as well as a dinosaur nut as a kid, so one of the first figures I got is the Elasmosaurus - the same figure still sits on my desk today.  I also love the Parasaurolophus and Iguandon, and Euplocephalus, and the running Deinonychus. 

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.