You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Lontic pterosaurs in the Field Museum gift shop (Dsungaripterus, Pterodaustro)

Started by Halichoeres, January 26, 2017, 02:55:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

The Field Museum in Chicago is selling articulated dinosaurs with the four-on-the-floor Dsungaripterus and Pterodaustro as accessories. They're $15 plus 10% tax, so cheaper than buying the whole set from the Tedco website. I am happy with the versions of these species that I already have, but if anyone has been looking for these I'd be happy to pick them up and send them along.

Forgive the crappy photo, but it should give you an idea what they are:

Tyrannosaurus with Pterodaustro, Triceratops with Dsungaripterus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

suspsy

Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2017, 02:57:51 PM
Selling JPIII bootlegs? Shame on your gift shop, Field Museum!

Sad, but not a shock. The Royal Ontario Museum sells bootleg Papo and Schleich now.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SBell

Quote from: suspsy on January 26, 2017, 02:59:49 PM
Quote from: CityRaptor on January 26, 2017, 02:57:51 PM
Selling JPIII bootlegs? Shame on your gift shop, Field Museum!

Sad, but not a shock. The Royal Ontario Museum sells bootleg Papo and Schleich now.

Keep in mind that most large museums don't have full-time people in charge of ordering and products--they usually contract out to 3rd party companies that specialize in stocking gift shops.

Which means their goal is to put somewhat relevant products in the store, and worry only about bottom line, not optics or quality.

Halichoeres

I don't really collect JP, so I wasn't aware those were bootlegs. For what it's worth, they also carry lots of Safari (up through 2016 so far), Papo, a handful of Schleich products, and Cog Ltd.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Halichoeres on January 26, 2017, 03:27:09 PM
I don't really collect JP, so I wasn't aware those were bootlegs. For what it's worth, they also carry lots of Safari (up through 2016 so far), Papo, a handful of Schleich products, and Cog Ltd.

COG? Like the little matchbox sets?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Halichoeres

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 26, 2017, 03:35:07 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on January 26, 2017, 03:27:09 PM

COG? Like the little matchbox sets?

The Dino Horizons/Prehistoric Panorama sets. I've never seen the matchbox sets here.

sauroid

can someone lead me to the original version of this T. rex, link/s or post pics please? i have it and the Pterodaustro.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.