News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

About Master-Fossil's 2012 products

Started by Mirroraptor, April 07, 2017, 11:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirroraptor

Maybe some of you know this-Master Fossil or Griffon showed a series of new products in 2012 and promised to sell it in the next few months. Some of them have already finished modeling and molding, the samples have been exhibited, Leaflets have been send out, and then disappear without a trace. But other old products-Velociraptor skeleton, T.rex statue are still selling.
So, anybody know any information about them, or what will Master Fossil do for them?
Thanks.
Here are two leaflets about the 'new' products of Master Fossils.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153459177@N06/33047047584/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/153459177@N06/33047048044/in/dateposted-public/

One of them(the Anomalocaris model) is on exhibition on the website of Master-Fossil now, but most of them, for example, the feathered Velociraptor, the Carnotaur, etc. still missing. 

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Mirroraptor on April 07, 2017, 11:56:05 AM

One of them(the Anomalocaris model) is on sale now, but most of them, for example, the feathered Velociraptor, the Carnotaur, etc. still missing.

Did you see some website selling the Griffon/Master Fossil Anomalocaris ?
Can you post a link, please ?

As far as I know, Griffon produced only the T Rex and the Velociraptor Skeleton figure.
Never seen the Anomalocaris on sale..   :-\
Other figures never saw the light of day until now.

RobinGoodfellow

On 2012 Griffon did some prototypes of the figures for a japanese exposition.
I had the pictures in my personal archive.
Here the figures:

2012 Advertisement on Prehistoric Magazine:

As I said, only Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor Skeleton went into real production stage (as far as I know..).

:-\

Silvanusaurus

Man I wish Rebor's Carnotaurus looked like that. The one I'd want most though is the Diplocaulus, it looks lovely on that base.

Shonisaurus

Now I understand was an unfinished project these figures are things of the past. It is a pity.  :(

RobinGoodfellow

terrorchicken

those are amazing! the carno is very dragon like which I love. The velociraptor is beautiful.

Halichoeres

Thanks for sharing those photos, Robin! I wrote them an email, it probably won't do anything, but if there's even the slightest chance it nudges them in the direction of pulling these prototypes out of storage and producing them in earnest, I figure it can't hurt.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

I think the Houston Museum got that Anomalocaris, they have an identical model there!
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

tanystropheus

It seemed like a promising line. I almost bought the Griffin T-rex, but got distracted by all the other T-rex interpretations that were flooding the market. 

How about Kickstarter? ...In my head, I like to imagine that the Tyco Dino Riders line would be continued through Kickstarter  :)

Mirroraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 07, 2017, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: Mirroraptor on April 07, 2017, 11:56:05 AM

One of them(the Anomalocaris model) is on sale now, but most of them, for example, the feathered Velociraptor, the Carnotaur, etc. still missing.

Did you see some website selling the Griffon/Master Fossil Anomalocaris ?
Can you post a link, please ?

As far as I know, Griffon produced only the T Rex and the Velociraptor Skeleton figure.
Never seen the Anomalocaris on sale..   :-\
Other figures never saw the light of day until now.
http://www.master-fossil.jp/product/detail/04EXC-0001/
Still in development, and price didn't reveal.

Mirroraptor

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on April 07, 2017, 01:21:52 PM
On 2012 Griffon did some prototypes of the figures for a japanese exposition.
I had the pictures in my personal archive.
Here the figures:

2012 Advertisement on Prehistoric Magazine:

As I said, only Tyrannosaurus and Velociraptor Skeleton went into real production stage (as far as I know..).

:-\
Thanks. I am concerned about the exhibition for a long time, waiting for the messages about these figures. Unfortunately there still no any tracks of them.

Shonisaurus

The anomalocaris and the diplocaulos among other figures surpassed those of Favorite and Kaiyodo in how well finished they were.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.