News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Figure Help Thread

Started by CrypticPrism, March 30, 2017, 03:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrypticPrism

This is the thread where you can try to find the ideal figure of a specific Prehistoric animal.

I'll go first.

I'm trying to find an allosaurus that scales well to the papo one, I believe that the kaiyodo is my best bet, but I'm scared it'll dwarf the papo. Can anyone help? I'm kinda scared I'll have to get another Schleich.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 30, 2017, 03:35:49 AM
This is the thread where you can try to find the ideal figure of a specific Prehistoric animal.

I'll go first.

I'm trying to find an allosaurus that scales well to the papo one, I believe that the kaiyodo is my best bet, but I'm scared it'll dwarf the papo. Can anyone help? I'm kinda scared I'll have to get another Schleich.

Kaiyodo Allosaurus by Matsumura Shinobu from the Dinotales Collection?
It's at 1:20.... Papo is at 1:40: totally different scale from one to the other.
Probably the Favorite Desktop model could be better:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157662009883073

sauroid

the Favorite V1 Allosaurus is almost the same scale as the Papo Allo.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

CrypticPrism

Thanks. Does anyone else need help finding a figure?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 30, 2017, 05:48:41 PM

I do! I was actually thinking about making a thread like this one day, it seems really useful.  ;D

I love ceratopsians, but I don't have a good figure of the most famous one. What Triceratops figure looks good next to Schleich Pentaceratops and Torosaurus, Safari Einiosaurus and Nasutoceratops and Papo Styracosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus? I'd prefer a more modern reconstruction above a retro one. Doesn't have to be in scale with the other ceratopsians, just about the same size is good enough.

Roselaar

Best Allosaurus in scale with the Papo Allosaurus would be the Jurassic Park 3D Allosaurus. The two have a lot in common, though the action figure has a more colourful paint job and more poseability. They are more or less the same size though.

A decent Triceratops in scale with most of the aforementioned Ceratopsians might be the Safari Great Dinos Trike. However, it is of course somewhat bigger than all of those. If you want one the same size, how about the Papo Trike, most recent Favorite Trike or the electronic JP III Trike?

CrypticPrism

Or maybe the carnegie trike(black and orange)

Halichoeres

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on March 30, 2017, 06:29:05 PM
Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 30, 2017, 05:48:41 PM

I do! I was actually thinking about making a thread like this one day, it seems really useful.  ;D

I love ceratopsians, but I don't have a good figure of the most famous one. What Triceratops figure looks good next to Schleich Pentaceratops and Torosaurus, Safari Einiosaurus and Nasutoceratops and Papo Styracosaurus and Pachyrhinosaurus? I'd prefer a more modern reconstruction above a retro one. Doesn't have to be in scale with the other ceratopsians, just about the same size is good enough.

I still think the Battat is the best one out there, if you can find it. The Favorite versions are pretty well done, although the second version (http://toyanimal.info//index.php?title=Kinto_FDW-002_Triceratops) is a little skinny.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

the Favorite V1 Trike and the WS Trike too
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Nanuqsaurus

Quote from: Roselaar on March 30, 2017, 08:35:31 PM
Best Allosaurus in scale with the Papo Allosaurus would be the Jurassic Park 3D Allosaurus. The two have a lot in common, though the action figure has a more colourful paint job and more poseability. They are more or less the same size though.

A decent Triceratops in scale with most of the aforementioned Ceratopsians might be the Safari Great Dinos Trike. However, it is of course somewhat bigger than all of those. If you want one the same size, how about the Papo Trike, most recent Favorite Trike or the electronic JP III Trike?

I think the Papo Triceratops is too much JP-inspired (same goes for the JP III figure too of course :P) and I really don't like its colors. All the others mentioned in this thread seem interesting, I'll look into it further. Thanks for the info! :)