News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Iziko South African Museum

Started by Viergacht, December 31, 2016, 11:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viergacht

We visited the Iziko Museum a few years ago, and I thought you folks might like to see some snaps.

Without a doubt, this Suchomimus stalking a juvenile Jobaria is the most striking fossil mount in the museum.

Good ol' Carcharodontosaurus. Amazing how monstrously huge it is when you can look at it eye to eye.

Heterodontosaus in the classic roadkill pose.

There was a nice exhibit of the Archaeopteryx cast, a Compsognathus cast, and models of both, but this was the only photo that turned out well.

There were a few dino statues, but this one of a pair of hungry-looking Heterodonts screaming at termites was my favorite.

Where Iziko really shines are its collection of stem mammals. Lots of bitey-looking gorgonopsids!

Two gorgonopsids looking like sabre-toothed komodo dragons.

My sis goofing around with a dicynodont model - an exhibit was still being put together, it seems.

And last, a modern male elephant seal, which looks like a freakin' prehistoric monster!

Halichoeres

Nice pictures! To me, gorgonopsians look a lot like staple removers with faces:

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Soopairik

Those are some very good photos
@Halichoeres Haha yeah true!

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Definitely going on the list if I make it to South Africa in the future!

Derek.McManus

Very nice pictures I particularly like the idea of sabre tooth komodo dragons, that's a scary thought!  It also took me a moment to work out what happened to your sister lol

Thanks for sharing with us all.

acro-man

Looks like a really interesting place to visit!
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.