News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Shapeways psittacosaur issues ?

Started by amargasaurus cazaui, June 10, 2012, 05:25:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amargasaurus cazaui

We heard back again today from Shapeways. They responded to my request to reprint the figure in safe and white, with the answer the model is not able to be printed in ANY material . PERIOD , denied. Accept the damaged one and a coupon for ten percent off a future order, or a full refund . No other option given. My lady texted me and said...what future order?To me it feels like we ordered an expensive version of the model, that was unproven, and once it broke they did not want to take a loss on it. So we are being somewhat forced to eat their mistake with a token gesture...a coupon that will never be redeemed. She canceled our plans to order the entire Krentz set due to shapeways and their poor handling of this issue.
So we get a model broken in four places, and a coupon for seven dollars off the next time we are tempted. That for an almost eighty dollar price.
Aaron, to be very clear, I love your piece and find nothing wrong with it or you at all. My issue is with Shapeways, so dont worry there please.
And the final note, in visiting their site tonight, i see they still offer the piece for others to buy which only reinforces the idea for me that they just did NOT want to redo it for my girl, and take the loss for their own mistake.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

postsaurischian

???  This is very strange!
I ordered the Psittacosaurus in WSF a second time just a few months ago.
I got it in great condition without any issues for the second time.
How in the world can Shapeways claim the model wasn't printable anymore?
I have a strong feeling that this ain't true!!
Somehow I'm sure that if I ordered it a third time, there wouldn't be any problems again.

Aaron Doyle

I'm really sorry about all of this, and I'm very upset about how shapeways handled this situation.  I'm taking the model down myself for now so no one else has to go through this.  I'll reinforce the ankle area, and make sure it will print properly before uploading it again.

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 19, 2012, 11:52:24 AM
???  This is very strange!
I ordered the Psittacosaurus in WSF a second time just a few months ago.
I got it in great condition without any issues for the second time.
How in the world can Shapeways claim the model wasn't printable anymore?
I have a strong feeling that this ain't true!!
Somehow I'm sure that if I ordered it a third time, there wouldn't be any problems again.
Last night prior to Aarons post, I went to their site myself and punched in an order in the Frosted detail for the dinosaur just as we did before. It went through fine, but I stopped just short of actually buying the dinosaur. I believe what my lady is telling me.  They just did not want to eat the cost of the broken model, and replace it. We got a broken model and a coupon only good IF we order something ever again. They just high pressured my girl into taking their mistake rather than fixing it.
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Aaron Doyle

hmm, I got a notification that a psittacosaurus model was being shipped.  As far as I know amargasaurus cazaui is the only person who has ordered one recently.  Did they actually come through for you or did someone else order one?

amargasaurus cazaui

Quote from: Aaron Doyle on June 22, 2012, 03:35:29 AM
hmm, I got a notification that a psittacosaurus model was being shipped.  As far as I know amargasaurus cazaui is the only person who has ordered one recently.  Did they actually come through for you or did someone else order one?
The final answer to my lady was, she is getting the broken one, in frosted detail and several pieces. A coupon for her future order, for 7.00 off in addition. So yes they are shipping a model, their badly damaged mistake they refused to reprint. Not sure if anyone else ordered one or not, but that was my outcome.

amargasaurus cazaui

I thought to summarize this thread. Shapeways did indeed ship the damaged piece in frosted detail and issue a ten percent coupon if we were to order again.It has since been shipped to Copper for repair and paintwork so I am sure he can verify that it is the frosted model broken as stated etc. It is my intent to have it painted similar to Postsaur's copy, for my Psittacosaur display case. My fingers are crossed that Copper can perform the necessary repairs and get the little guy up and running again. I am guessing that as I had these issues I must have been the only one to obtain the model in frosted detail, making it somewhat one of a kind if fixable.Spoiler alert, I also commissioned copper to paint a Carnegie Psittacosaurus, and I am waiting with anticpation to see what he does with it, as his paint schemes are always so unique.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.