News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

argentinosaurus by sean cooper

Started by reinier zwanink, August 08, 2015, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meso-Cenozoic

Wow, what a beautiful model! Congrats Centrosaur86! I was looking for a scale size on Dan's site, but he doesn't have a scale for this particular model. TQ, where did you see 1:38 scale? That's an unusual size instead of 1:40. Isn't it? He is pretty pricey, that's for sure. But at least at Dan's, he isn't twice as much as the Diplo. The Argentino lists for $260, and the Diplo at $200. And the Diplo's only in 1:50 scale. In any event, they're both more than I'd want to pay right now. But that Argentino is sure pretty to look at, especially with Martin's paint stylings! 8)

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 31, 2015, 06:27:26 AM
Wow, what a beautiful model! Congrats Centrosaur86! I was looking for a scale size on Dan's site, but he doesn't have a scale for this particular model. TQ, where did you see 1:38 scale? That's an unusual size instead of 1:40. Isn't it? He is pretty pricey, that's for sure. But at least at Dan's, he isn't twice as much as the Diplo. The Argentino lists for $260, and the Diplo at $200. And the Diplo's only in 1:50 scale. In any event, they're both more than I'd want to pay right now. But that Argentino is sure pretty to look at, especially with Martin's paint stylings! 8)
It's listed as 1:38 on Urzeitshop.

http://www.urzeitshop.de/von-sean-cooper/2537-argentinosaurus-dinosaurier-bausatz-von-sean-cooper.html

The Diplo goes for 139 euro on there, whilst the Argentino is 289. I'm not sure for the reason in the difference in price. Some kind of taxation is my guess.

postsaurischian

Quote from: Meso-Cenozoic on October 31, 2015, 06:27:26 AM
....... at least at Dan's, he isn't twice as much as the Diplo. The Argentino lists for $260, and the Diplo at $200. And the Diplo's only in 1:50 scale. .......

I'd say that's a reasonable price difference.

In Germany the Argentinosaurus is €289 and the Diplodocus is €139. That's quite a difference I do not understand ???.
The other thing I don't understand is why the Diplodocus is still listed at 1:50 ::). I told everybody involved that it's in 1:35, I even sent photos.

edit: Oops - it seems tyrantqueen has sent the information while I was typing.

ChubbyTaco

So majestic and bigger than sean cooper's diplodocus. 8)

Meso-Cenozoic

Thanks TQ and Postsaurischian for the info. Wow, that is a much bigger difference on Urzeitshop! Sean's over here in the US, right? So yes, because it's so much bigger, maybe the extra is for taxes and shipping.

So the Diplo is actually 1:35 scale. I guess I must have missed you mentioning that before. That info should definitely be updated! With that knowledge, the prospective buyers will see that they would be getting more dino for their money! ;)

reinier zwanink

Well the price cant be from shipping cost
For the argentino comes in a very small box in fact
Dont know that from the diplo but might even fit in the same box
Just more parts

BlueKrono

It looks like on the unpainted model it doesn't have the osteoderms, but when painted it does. Is that included in the kit?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Derek.McManus

This is a very impressive model and I really like the rearing pose so dynamic!  I could easily picture this model on a great scenic base to enhance its appearance and appeal!

Centrosaur86

No its not included in the kit.. the osteoderms was my idea and i pay extra mony for it  :)

BlueKrono

Interesting. Were the osteoderms added by Cooper or Garrat?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Centrosaur86

By Garratt.   :) You want this kit also?

BlueKrono

Learning that, I guess I don't. Not that it's not an incredible figure, but I only collect sauropods with osteoderms. If they're just tacked on by another artist to a sauropod sculpt that originally didn't have them, I could do that myself with any sauropod. While yours looks gorgeous as a sculpt and paint job, I don't feel the need to purchase this figure if it doesn't include the osteoderms. I'm a completist, but I don't feel that this one would fit into my niche collection for that reason.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.